What To Do With A Purple Door?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
First of all, I love my purple door (Sonic Plum) in the McShed. Purple on the outside, purple on the inside. And I really don't want to re-paint it. But, I don't know what colors to paint the walls now.

Sonic Plum Valspar. The purple door
Valspar Paint - Sonic Plum

I thought about Purple Phantom, but thought it might be too dark (but keep in mind that there are six windows in the McShed)
Valspar Paint - Color Chip - Purple Phantom

I thought about Plum Burst and I really like this. But it's really....um, bright.
Valspar Paint - Color Chip - Plum Burst

All trim will be in white. The ceiling will be in white, except for the vault, which is stained beadboard. Not sure about the floor, other than it will be a wooden floor. The white, the wood, and the window light may cut down on the purple. (I really do like purple.) Oh, and the bookcases will be white....Billy bookcases from Ikea, we're thinking.

I've also thought about a grey for the walls, but well, grey. Meh. Rick said he'd repaint the inside of the door, but I really don't want to do that.

I don't want pastels. Or pinks. Or yellows. Or greens. Or oranges. My grand-niece thinks we should paint the walls hot pink. She's seven. :flail:

Oh, and Rick asked me how I was going to decorate for Christmas with a plum-purple shed. I said probably greys, blues and green with a wee bit of red. He just shook his head.

I haven't a clue. And I need to start thinking! Help!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I've also thought about a grey for the walls, but well, grey. Meh. Rick said to repaint the inside of the door, but I really don't want to do that.

I don't want pastels. Or pinks. Or yellows. Or greens. Or oranges. My grand-niece thinks we should paint the walls hot pink. She's seven. ...
How about a very, very pale yellow base --almost white but a yellow to complement the purple. Then use a shade of purple over that base with one of THESE:

Pattern paint roller | Etsy

:)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you mentioned no pastels; but a lilac or a soft grey would be my choice.

It would not bee took dark and still show off your front door. Decorating with it would be easy.

Or a darker lilac color..

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you mentioned no pastels; but a lilac or a soft grey would be my choice.

It would not bee took dark and still show off your front door. Decorating with it would be easy.

Or a darker lilac color..
I agree about a soft grey. Grey and purple look good together. Maybe something with a touch of lilac in it to help pull them together.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about a soft grey. Grey and purple look good together. Maybe something with a touch of lilac in it to help pull them together.
This was my thought, or a light sage green.

Or, since it's a fun room, try a bright turquoise or candy green or hot pink, why not. You could always repaint later if it hurts your eyes :D.