What should I do??

Sky Luna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So last summer I was staying at a trailer park & my neighbor at the time had 2 pregnant Calico cats she eventually moved out & left both cats there I'm guessing she assumed I would take care of them since I took better care of them then she did so I did take them in & gave them both safe places to have their litters all the kittens were adopted & everything worked out ok but I recently moved away from the trailer park myself but I'm not far from it so the cats are still there but I go everyday to feed them and I pitched a tent for them to sleep in since I still know people who still reside there well I went to feed them yesterday & unfortunately they are both pregnant again if I could keep them both I would but I can't and I don't want them to be stuck outside 24/7 while pregnant and risking them not having a safe spot to have their next litter of kittens at I called animal control and they said they don't deal with cats and to take them to the pound it will cost me $60 a cat and I can't afford that so what should I do? I'm stressing out about this someone please help me?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, they will continue to get pregnant and contribute more and more homeless, helpless kittens to the problem. Cats can have 3 litters a year and usually do. They need to be spayed if they would be staying there. Can you get on Facebook and see if there are any TNR (trap neuter release)programs in your area? Or get on and see if there is anyone willing to adopt them. 60.00 a cat is cheap compared to feeding a whole bunch of cats and kittens if they continue on the way they are. call the pound and tell them they are not your cats, that the owners moved and left them and see what they say. bless you, for caring for them, I pray you find them a new home.....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with di and bob di and bob . Please seek out no-kill rescues that perhaps will come and get them or let you bring them in. They will take over care of the cats and see that they are spayed and adopted.

What is your city and state and we can help you look.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sky Luna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with di and bob di and bob . Please seek out no-kill rescues that perhaps will come and get them or let you bring them in. They will take over care of the cats and see that they are spayed and adopted.

What is your city and state and we can help you look.
Mount Vernon, Wa