What Personalities Are Compatible Or Incompatible When Finding A Companions For Two Cats?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you know this already but (1) active/playful/young & (2) not active/not playful/old go together like peanut butter and food allergies.

Personality interacting with humans isn't necessarily gonna be predictive imho, except for maybe a few traits that would likely apply to cat-cat interactions as well, like being jumpy/skittish. You have a jumpy cat, you probably need the newcomer to be low key & easy going.

"Socialized early" or "able to form cat-cat bonds" & their opposites are also crucial when matching.

I guess what I'm saying is that the aspa list is a really cute list, but the list of stuff that matters for finding future companions is probably a narrower and more focused list.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really think that this article from right here on TCS Your Second Cat: How To Choose The Best Friend For Kitty will give you more down-to-earth advice than anything else. It is practical and easy to read.

We also have several articles on introducing cats to each other, dealing with jealousy and such, should you need them! Either look through the articles under "Behavior," or give me a yell here and I'll provide the links for you!