What my cat does when I play piano

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just play piano for fun, although I take lessons and try to practice regularly. But whenever I play, Willy gets jealous of the attention I am paying to my piano.

He can be asleep in another room, but when he hears me start to play, he is at my piano within seconds.

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just play piano for fun, although I take lessons and try to practice regularly. But whenever I play, Willy gets jealous of the attention I am paying to my piano.

He can be asleep in another room, but when he hears me start to play, he is at my piano within seconds.
Does he love it? Does he hate it? Or is he just wanting your affection? :think:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he love it? Does he hate it? Or is he just wanting your affection? :think:
I think he's genuinely jealous of the attention I am paying to the piano. He climbs on my lap and headbutts my arms to try to dislodge them from the piano keys. He always has to be between me and the piano keys.

I'm not bad (I was a musician before starting piano) although far from what I'd call "good." He actually becomes more docile when I play certain Chopin pieces.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's genuinely jealous of the attention I am paying to the piano. He climbs on my lap and headbutts my arms to try to dislodge them from the piano keys. He always has to be between me and the piano keys.

I'm not bad (I was a musician before starting piano) although far from what I'd call "good." He actually becomes more docile when I play certain Chopin pieces.
Wow. That's quite an accomplishment. Keep up the great work! I love classical *listening to KUSC.org almost every waking hour* and Elvis does, too. Chopin is a favorite.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. That's quite an accomplishment. Chopin is a favorite.
There's a lot of Chopin that I'm not good enough to play, but there are a few pieces I am working on (currently some of the Preludes, Op. 28 -- some of them are way too advanced for me to play).

I'm seriously interested in classical music's effect on non-human animals. Like I said, Willy gets really jealous and disruptive when I play piano, most of the time, but then when I play some of the more relaxation-inducing Chopin pieces, he just lies down near the piano and chills there.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a lot of Chopin that I'm not good enough to play, but there are a few pieces I am working on (currently some of the Preludes, Op. 28 -- some of them are way too advanced for me to play).

I'm seriously interested in classical music's effect on non-human animals. Like I said, Willy gets really jealous and disruptive when I play piano, most of the time, but then when I play some of the more relaxation-inducing Chopin pieces, he just lies down near the piano and chills there.
There are many studies on the effects of classical music on human intelligence. There must be some that address your interest as well. I know it helps me work and has a positive effect on my mood in these terrible times. Elvis loves it, as have all my furmily members.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you sure he isnt trying to stop you? :lol: