What might be wrong with cat's eye anyone??

wakachewbaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For three weeks I noticed that my cat's one eye will sometimes be watery and have a cloudy mucus, not all the time but a few times a week. Upon using my fingers to gently open his one eye wider I noticed that a small area of his third eyelid is pinkish and raised, unlike the surrounding flat white area. The picture I posted is me using my fingers to widen the area to see. No, his third eyelid isn't shown when he's has his eyes opened normally. I highlighted the area that's slightly raised and pinkish. Other than that small area everything else is fine. Maybe he somehow slightly injuryed/ irritated the area? idk.

1645839786996.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wakachewbaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you only notice the pinkish raised area when I open his eyes slightly otherwise, you can't see it. His other eye is completely fine.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a trip to the vet is what you need. Don't take a chance with eye's. The vet can check if there is a injury or conjunctivitis and give eye drops to sort it.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree. Even if this is just some strange thing about your cat's eye, you don't want to ignore it and then find out later that it was more serious. There is really no home remedy that I would try for an unidentified eye condition.