What Litter Is Good For Litter-robot Iii Open Box

natebc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
I am brand new to the community so I apologize if this question should be put somewhere else.

My new Litter-Robot III Open is on its way and I would like to know what is the best litter to use with it? I used to use the cheap Litter Purrfect 15.9kg for under $10 at Costco Canada. I was thinking the of Purina Tidy Cats LightWeight.

Thanks

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry you haven't gotten a response yet. My guys use just an old fashion box for their litter tray; since my girls gets scared of everything I don't think a robotic litter box would go over well. I did a little searching and I think that any sort for clumping litter should work for the unit.

https://www.catfooddispensersreviews.com/litter-robot-iii-open-air-review/

On the manufacture's website they say, "The Litter-Robot simply requires clumping litter. We recommend a high quality, clay-based clumping litter. Some silica gel litter beads and crystals can also be used with the Litter Robot, as long as they pass through the screen.

Litters that do not work in the Litter-Robot are the strictly absorbent, non-clumping or loose-clumping litters, newspaper-based litters and absorbent wood pellet litter."

In my experience with the Tidy Cats litter it is very much a clumping litter so it should work.

Maybe someone who has experience with the unit will chime in. I would love to know how the litter works out for you once you do get the unit though.

catlitterguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything but the LightWeight! The lightweight design is hollow on the inside and because of that can fall apart easily with some pressure. The litter robot cleans by moving the litter around through the sifter. That much movement will disintegrate the lightweight litter and gives tons of dust.

I find the one that works best is the Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Platinum.

Hello,
I am brand new to the community so I apologize if this question should be put somewhere else.

My new Litter-Robot III Open is on its way and I would like to know what is the best litter to use with it? I used to use the cheap Litter Purrfect 15.9kg for under $10 at Costco Canada. I was thinking the of Purina Tidy Cats LightWeight.

Thanks