What Is Your Morning Routine?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I usually have anywhere from 1 - 3 cats sleeping with me.  Either Zoe wakes me up making biscuits on some body part of mine or Ozzy decides to pounce on my toes.  The minute I get up, all three kitties race down the hallway to the laundry room, that's where breakfast will be served.  I feed them before I get coffee, otherwise I'm tripping over "starving" cats who you'd think hadn't eaten in a week.  

Then I usually have 1/2 hour or so to email, websurf, and have coffee before Jake and Travis start yelling from their room (the newbies we got earlier this year sleep/eat separately from our other cats).  So I'll feed, scoop litter and give meds to them.  Then it's off to the treadmill, shower, have some breakfast, make lunch, and off to work around 9.  I love my job--my starting time is "9-ish" so any time between 9 - 9:30 works.  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

lol ! So funny cuz our "Harley" (above) will not let you go to the toilet by yourself either. And just try to shut the door on him-- oh what a ruckus he'll make til you let him in. In fact, no bed or bath room door in the entire house is ever allowed to be shut, or he'll come get you and literally lead you to it. Then he'll sit there meowing til you open the door.  Usually, he doesn't even want in the room, but just won't stand for a closed door    
That's funny.  He just wants to make sure he has access to the entirety of HIS house, right?  LOL

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up whenever my daughter gets up. Usually around 9-9:30am. Give her breakfast and let her eat while I am getting dressed. Feed the pets, let the dog outside. Then playing with my daughter. Our morning is pretty easy since I haven't gone back to work yet.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tony starts banging on the bedroom door around 6 am - sometimes earlier! Get up, give the cats their wet food, put coffee on, go back to bed for a while to watch the morning local news, then put on the Today show. Go to the gym around 9:30 am, go shopping, run errands, etc. Lazy lazy life! Home by early afternoon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tony starts banging on the bedroom door around 6 am - sometimes earlier! Get up, give the cats their wet food, put coffee on, go back to bed for a while to watch the morning local news, then put on the Today show. Go to the gym around 9:30 am, go shopping, run errands, etc. Lazy lazy life! Home by early afternoon.
Sounds like my kinda day! Are you retired?