What is your favorite sandwich?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nooooo! runny yokes for me
:eek:)    years ago, here in the US, the health department (at least the one in the city where i lived) changed the regulations (rule?) so that restaurants could not serve sunny side up eggs -- they wanted egg yolks to be cooked, not runny. i moved and don't know if that regulation is still in effect there.

i don't mind my eggs with a little bit runny yolks, but prefer the yolks fully cooked.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cheek! How can the government do such a thing. Not allowed to eat what you want on a restaurant! My voice goes up to a squeak.
Did restaurants lose customers?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok not the government but I health department where you lived should be
..............................B-)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat my eggs with runny yolks normally, but a fried egg sandwich has to have cooked yolks (to me anyways). I break the yolk when I put it in the pan. I only use 1 egg for mine, add salt (just a tiny bit) and pepper and I toast my bread. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
:eek:)    years ago, here in the US, the health department (at least the one in the city where i lived) changed the regulations (rule?) so that restaurants could not serve sunny side up eggs -- they wanted egg yolks to be cooked, not runny. i moved and don't know if that regulation is still in effect there.

i don't mind my eggs with a little bit runny yolks, but prefer the yolks fully cooked.
Oh no runny yolks a must what can you dip toast into without it

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I totally agree. I love a soft boiled egg over toast. My Mom use to feed that toys when were sick.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I totally agree. I love a soft boiled egg over toast. My Mom use to feed that toys when were sick.
I mean my Mom use to feed that to us when we were sick. I guess it's about that time of night.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate scrambled or hard boiled. I love soft boiled and toast fingers for dipping or over easy on an English muffin
I won't eat any egg that has a hard cooked yolk. Hard boiled are the worst. I like mine over easy, sunny side up, soft boiled or poached soft. You can't dip toast in a hard cooked yolk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
I won't eat any egg that has a hard cooked yolk. Hard boiled are the worst. I like mine over easy, sunny side up, soft boiled or poached soft. You can't dip toast in a hard cooked yolk
Yes great minds think alike![emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji]

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does pita count:
a warm pita smothered inside with mayonnaise, mashed avocado.and 2 fried eggs with soft yolks
Just be careful when you eat it.

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot another favorite sandwich . I love Gyros. I live near Tarpon Springs Florida which is a Greek community and you can get a very good Gyro on the Sponge Docks In TS.  When I lived in Chicago there was a fast food chain called Mr Philly's  that mad very good beef sandwiches. Also in Chicago a fast food fish chain called Docks and their great sandwich was called the fishwich yum! One more in Chicago when I was a kid a submarine chain called The Italian U-Boat. I haven't found an Italian Sub to compare since.

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. Real turkey, brie, plum chutney, lettuce, bacon, avacado (if one's ripe) on sour dough.

2. Smoked salmon, blueberry chevre, mixed lettuce.

3. PB&J, always.

Fried egg sandwich? Has to be toasted, runny yolk, and lots of ketchup on the side for dipping.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@bonepicker.
yes. Israel grows avocados. Not me unfortunately. I live in an apartment.