What is the strangest thing....

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I can tell you some other stories, too, but you get the idea.
You have some good ones. I would love to read more

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let's see when I used to work I worked for this Christian Bookstore and the manager tells us in this meeting that he's in love with the district manager and she was getting married to this other guy. He was completely heart broken...or so we thought. Well a few weeks later he came back married to a woman from Mexico.
That left us scratching our heads for a while.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember one summer I was working at the second hand store my mom worked at. This creepy guy came in and wanted to sell us some jewelry. I was working at the back of the store when he came up to me and got real close. They door to the back room was very close to where I was. I just told the guy I was needed up front and almost ran up there to be with the older ladies up there.

About 5 minutes after he left, we looked out the window and he was up against a police car getting arrested! He was soooo creepy and I thanked God that he didn't have any ideas to harm us.

Meda

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked as an assistant manager of a 7-11 for 8 years, lots of strange stuff.

My favorite customers were two extremely handsome college guys....who were also professional drag queens.
They were straight as straight can be, but they found out just how much money they could make at it.
They would always come in before they had a gig in drag, they were just as gorgeous as women.

Had a gentleman come in, wander the store talking to himself, picked up a sandwich (we had a deli), and a candy bar.
He wandered some more still talking, then pulled an endcap beer display down on top of himself.
I watched him do it on the office monitor.
My cashiers helped him up, made sure he was ok, and they asked him what happened.

He told them, quite seriously, that the sandwich told him to do it, and said he would never buy a murderous sandwich and threw it back into the deli case and left.
He never did pay for the candy bar.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have worked mostly in nursing homes and have seen alot from a pt coming after me with a wet floor sign to one of the aides running, and screaming down the hall because she walked in on a stranger in the showerroon and he wasn't a pt. And a few months ago I was coming around a corner of the hospital and we had a pt who was very confused and he walked around the other corner and he was a rather large, elderly man and he was naked and he had ripped his IV and blood was everywhere and he was trying to open all of the linen room doors and we had to talk him back into his room and had to clean him up. It just so happened that our house supervisor was on the floor and she jumped in and helped us clean him up and the blood. But the sight of this man all wild eyed and naked and blood everywhere scared me half to death.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in an environmental chemistry lab, so we get to see all sorts of interesting stuff...

One day we got a sample of green goo. My TL said it looked like the Hulk got excited .... we'll leave it at that.

Another time there was a sewage sample in a Ziploc bag. There was a goldfish and a 'prophylactic' next to each other in the bag. Lovely.

There was a container labeled "Road Kill" in the sample freezer. Simple, and gross.

We've gotten stuff dated from the 50s, which was pretty cool.

Samples sent to us in soft drink bottles - as if they couldn't go out and get a real sampling container?

I've seen a lot in the 5 years I've been here
Those are off the top of my head right now.