What is my kitten’s breed?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has the cutest little face! He looks like he has British Shorthair in him or even a bit of Persian with that short muzzle. Without papers though the question is moot, he would be considered a silver or grey domestic long-haired tabby. He's got the 'M' on his forehead for tabby. If he's getting tufts of hair between his toes and has a fluffy tail he will keep long hair. If not, he'll lose his baby fluff and become a short hair. What a gorgeous kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sol1122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is very cute! Where did you get it?

Without papers, your kitten would be described as a domestic shorthair or longhair, depending on hair length. I would guess shorthair from these pictures. However, with such a short face and large round eyes, your kitten definitely has at least some ancestry from a short-faced breed. My guesses from your kitten's appearance would be either straight-eared Scottish Fold, or "doll-faced" Persian ancestry. Although the British Shorthair is also a short-faced breed, the British SH normally has a much more rounded and well-padded muzzle and strong chin, so that breed would not be my first guess.

Has your kitten seen a veterinarian yet? The eyes and nose look a bit runny in the first picture. Kittens and cats with this type of head structure can often have runny eyes, which doesn't necessarily indicate illness, but it would be good to have it seen by a vet just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sol1122

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
one of my friends gave it to me , i did see a veterinarian and it's all quite alright, thank you for the help :redheartpump::redheartpump: