What is my favorite band? 10,000 points!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

BTW, I have a feeling that you may think Funeral was their first album but it was not. Here are some pictures of the group as they have evolved over the last ten years.
Lee, may I point you to a web comic called "Questionable Content?" Start at the beginning, and read the T shirts!

Questionable Content

I bought a book bag off there for my librarian sister that was printed with, "She blinded me with library science!" And that's one of the oldest references on there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by motoko9

You are right - I did think that! I remember reading a review somewhere (maybe on Pitchfork?) and buying the CD soon afterward. I had never heard of them before then. I would not describe myself as a devotee, but I do love *Funeral,* and we also have the album they released after that. Maybe I should check out their latest!
Their latest album is called the suburbs. I like it far better than funeral. it won a grammy for best album of the year. this album is marked SHARE on my computer so I assume I can send it to you.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Lee, may I point you to a web comic called "Questionable Content?" Start at the beginning, and read the T shirts!

Questionable Content

I bought a book bag off there for my librarian sister that was printed with, "She blinded me with library science!" And that's one of the oldest references on there.
she blinded me with science is 1 of the songs in rock of ages,:the current broadway play which is all music from the eighty's. thanks for the comic scripts that should keep me busy for quite a while and please pardon my grammar because I'm using the phone to dictate into. we have third row tickets on my birthday. too bad my wife does not like rock and roll!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Their latest album is called the suburbs. I like it far better than funeral. it won a grammy for best album of the year. this album is marked SHARE on my computer so I assume I can send it to you.
I just bought it on iTunes. Thanks for the recommendation!

And thank you for the contest; the thread itself was pretty fun to read. It's also a good reminder that getting older doesn't mean that you stop trying new things!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

A little like David Bowie being voted worst dressed man and best dressed woman one year...
On YouTube you can find David Bowie singing with Arcade Fife.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Hmmm I have no idea, I am confused
I can say though that when I first joined here I was curious about your siggy and yes I did click on it
x
You get the 2000 points for being the first to say you have clicked on the link.