What Have You Done To Me?

turtlesnewmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had such great plans for this 4th of July. I was headed to my friend's lake house for five days of sun, swimming, good food and drink, ending with awesome fireworks!

Oh how things change.

I've decided to just stay home with Turtle. I prefer to stay home with Turtle.  

She has taken the place of a lot of my social activities. Is this crazy, or what?

I just want to spend my time with her. I want to watch her sleep, and eat and play.  I want to feel her purr when she rests her head in my hand. I want to hear her chatter when I'm in the bathroom. I've grown to adore all of these things. 

Turtle fills a spot in my heart that no human has ever touched. It's a love that goes beyond many peoples' comprehension. It went over my head too, until I met Turtle.

And now I know that I've barely scratched the surface of what Cheryl felt for her cats. I have a glimpse of what the future holds for me and Turtle, as this love keeps going. I'll soon wonder what I ever did before she came into my life.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:)  I think everyone should be so lucky as to feel this...lovely note. (and yes, I know exactly how you feel.  I can't stopping kissing our newest rescue between the ears, multiple times each day..lol).

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Turtle fills a spot in my heart that no human has ever touched. It's a love that goes beyond many peoples' comprehension. It went over my head too, until I met Turtle.

And now I know that I've barely scratched the surface of what Cheryl felt for her cats. I have a glimpse of what the future holds for me and Turtle, as this love keeps going. I'll soon wonder what I ever did before she came into my life.
Welcome to the world of the true cat lover.   Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.  Enjoy every second of it.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just love what you wrote.... :heart3: You are officially head over heels in love with Turtle :clap::clap::clap: Most of us cat lovers feel the same way. Hard to leave them even for a few days. I much prefer to stay home with my babies and have cancelled plans and trips depending on their needs or my needs, that is. :lol2: So happy to hear how well it is going now. Happy, Happy Fourth!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: :party2:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your posts and am so happy for you and Turtle.    You found each other -- and that's so special.    Cheryl must be smiling down at you.     And don't forget -- animals are your best friends.  They never let you down and don't judge you - just love unconditionally.   Give Turtle a kiss for all of us!!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember your first post and how stressed you were worrying about Turtle and wondering what you'd gotten yourself into.  How wonderful to read this post!!  It sounds like Turtle has turned you into a cat person and you're helplessly in love with your girl.  I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you and for Turtle!! 

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, man.......you're posts always make me cry. I think we all know this feeling you described. I was on the floor with my cat, Larry, the other night. He absolutely loves this time - I call it "cuddle time". I ask, "do you want to cuddle?" and he goes over to this one rug, and I get down, and we butt heads and he purrs up a storm and I bury my head in his fur and he purrs some more, and it's real "cuddle time". I swear, it's exactly what you said - that connection is so special and warm and loving, and, yes, unconditional. To see a special cat's face greeting you when you come in the door - indescribable feeling.

I'm so happy for your new little love, and welcome to the world of loving a cat!! :heart3:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Kitty Cupid just shot an arrow into your heart!  I think it's wonderful, and bless you for giving Turtle such a good, loving home.

BTW, DH & I know just how you feel.  We often leave social functions early to rush home to be with the cats!