What exactly is the breed of my cat?

lis3w

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cat looks like a charteux as I looked on the internet, but I bought it as a British Shorthair. Below I put the mother, father and my cat itself.

IMG_3821.jpeg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He looks legit! BS have often been used as outcross for Chartreux, that is why they often looks quite similiar. But if his history etc says BS, so believe it. :)
Did you got his pedigree certificate with you?

Observe, the little sweet locklet on his chest will make he wont be of premium Show quality... Its no real fault, he will be allowed into the Show, but wont take no highest prizes. I hope you got a prize reduction; you got him for pet quality price and not show quality price.
Its no true white spot, just something which happens on solid colored cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lis3w

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks legit! BS have often been used as outcross for Chartreux, that is why they often looks quite similiar. But if his history etc says BS, so believe it. :)
Did you got his pedigree certificate with you?

Observe, the little sweet locklet on his chest will make he wont be of premium Show quality... Its no real fault, he will be allowed into the Show, but wont take no highest prizes. I hope you got a prize reduction; you got him for pet quality price and not show quality price.
Its no true white spot, just something which happens on solid colored cats.
No I didn't adopt him for the show, I adopted him as my only friend and I'm just wondering if he is a British Shorthair cat. Thank you for your information!