What could this be in my cats paw??

claaireeey1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I noticed this ages ago but thought it was tangled dirt but it seems to have grown bigger over the past few weeks. On closer inspection it also looks like its coming from the skin??
He's happy for me to touch and play with it but only to an extent.
Any ideas?

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you email the picture to your vet to get an idea of what the thing is? I would also schedule an appointment with the vet to have the paw looked at in person, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

claaireeey1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you email the picture to your vet to get an idea of what the thing is? I would also schedule an appointment with the vet to have the paw looked at in person, too.
Thanks for the reply! I did just that and sent them images, they said its too hard to guess without him coming in. He's such a nervous boy so I try to do everything other than take him :coldcat: I've been advised to monitor to see if it gets any bigger!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that if it has been there for a long time, but is now getting bigger, he should see the vet. If you are going to try to monitor at home, take a daily picture so that you can continue to compare the size....although that is not a substitute for a visit. The fact that it may not be overly bothersome does not determine if it could be something serious or not.