• Bella Vista

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the rate we are going, my husband and I are on the eight year plan to get the house painted. We finally got part of the front done this year and we had new doors put in last month. Before the old front door was replaced, I had around eight different colors painted on it to get ideas. The Bella Vista was our choice from that. I recently found Lapis Lazuli and I'm intrigued by it. My husband is still in favor of the Bella Vista because he feels the contrast is better.

Which do you think looks best?

View attachment 275030
I like the bella vista!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'd go with a red for contrast.
That's what I was thinking! I love shiny red doors. I also like shiny dark black (which wouldn't look good with their house). I have a very pale yellow house, and I painted the old, white door shiny black.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither. This is the colour you need. It's a one coat special effects paint. Just think of the time saved, no need for the cat patina to build up over the years.

:flail::flail::flail::flail:
The decorators out there would marvel at the texture and contrast, and the cat owners like us would say "oh, you go for shredded oak? Us too. No choice." :thumbsup:

I think red, or a deep burgundy like @Winchester said would be very nice, too.
Another thing to consider is any decorations or flowers or color budding trees or things outside that might add to the over all picture.
(This kind of stuff is fun for me when remodeling and redecorating, because once I've sawed off the tips of 9 out of 10 fingers it's nice to know my only remaining problem is inhaling paint fumes :thumbsup:)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it depends on your neighborhood. Out of the two I like the lapis more.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry but I don’t think either color works. I would love to see a deep Burgundy or a darker shade of house color.