What color is the dress?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that one's funny! And I can see it both ways, at least. I'm going to say I think he's coming down the stairs because of the way the stairs are (they don't usually have that raised bit where you step on it). But I think the only person who knows for sure is the one who took the picture! :lol3:.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that one's funny! And I can see it both ways, at least. I'm going to say I think he's coming down the stairs because of the way the stairs are (they don't usually have that raised bit where you step on it). But I think the only person who knows for sure is the one who took the picture! :lol3:.
And the cat!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think he's walking downstairs. If you look at his posture and the raised paw it seems like he has his weight behind him adding to his momentum. If he was pulling his weight up I think his paw would be at a different angle to his body.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to me the cat is climbing up the stairs, not going down. If he were stepping down, his raised leg would be straight and the paw would be starting to spread out a little in anticipation of putting his weight on it. But his leg is bent and reaching up to pull himself up the step. His leg would not be bent if he was about to put his full body weight on it.

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I say down, because of the patterns on the stairs. You usually see those as you walk up. So the photographer is at the bottom of the stairs, and the cat is going down.