What color is Sheba?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I posted this in another thread, but I didn't get any answers, so I'll turn it into it's own thread.

This is the lovely Sheba, adopted by my brother from our shelter. All of us have had trouble deciding what to call her coloring.

She is a pointed cat; her eyes are blue, and the "white" is really the typical cream of a pointed kitty. Note that there is brown tabby and yellow tabby on her face; the brown tabby changed to cream tabby between her ears; the backs of her ears are orange. The mottled portion of her fur on her body has streaks of brown tabby, along with black, brown, and orange.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabbys are always hard because there are atleast four distinct tabby patterns. The stripes and lines are all indicative of tabby coloring, and it looks like that is overlayed on top of a bicolor white and dark grey/brown, with the stripes making up the different colors, like orange. Bicolor tabby would be a good description. Beyond that, it's hard to tell what kind of tabby, it could be a mix between the classic and mackerel patterns causing that patchy-looking coloring on the back. The markings on the back are almost tortoiseshell-like, but tortie cats have almost no white in their fur.

By the way, I'm completely guessing here. I don't want you to read my post, see that it's long, and think I know what I'm talking about

trabel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Regardless of her coloring type, she is one gorgeous cat!!
She's just gonna keep you guessing.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to call her other than BEAUTIFUL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guessed torbie pointed, and that's what is on her adoption papers.

She is the world's sweetest cat, I'm afraid. She wants to be near her people, but not on them. She tolerates any cat that doesn't attack her, and if she's attacked, she just backs off. She put up with being manhandled (childhandled?) by by great niece, less than 2 years old. She rode 6 hours in the carrier, quit fussing after 45 minutes, and didn't have an accident in the carrier. She has a soft, sweet little meow ending in a trill. I've never met a nicer cat, I think.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Torbi point... I looked up pictures of that breed on Google and she does look like that, except she might have just a bit more tabby. I suppose that is why everyone is saying that she is a torbi/lynx point. This may be besides the point, but Sheba is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

tigganat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It looks like Lynx. It's such a pretty cat coat, words cannot describe .

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she's a lynx point, but the variation is Mink.

Jan (Gemlady) has a cat with that coloring, and there used to be a game thread where you had to guess a cat's color, and hers was really hard.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor is a CFA judge (goes all over the world) and I like to quiz her with things like this. This is her response when I sent the photo:

"Depending on the association the name varies… please note… she is a tabby, she has white, and she is also a seal tortoisehell…(assuming her eye color is blue…she has the pointed gene as well but the color overlay masks the points)

So…. Seal torbie/white Brown Patched Tabby/white are the only two names (they are both the same color, just different way of expressing- torbie is tortoiseshell/tabby) She “could “ be a chocolate but because she is tabby, her nose leather is pink and without looking at her in person to tough to call that one…and it is a major diluted gene) and I might add she is beautiful!"

So there ya have it! LOL

Cally

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tabby, calico, point, paint....
I have no idea, I'm sure there are plently of people on here that actually know. She is gorgeous though!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I think she's a lynx point, but the variation is Mink.

Jan (Gemlady) has a cat with that coloring, and there used to be a game thread where you had to guess a cat's color, and hers was really hard.
I was thinking the same except Topaz has solid patches.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I was thinking the same except Topaz has solid patches.
Isn't the point of Topaz being Mink that she has aqua eyes? What color eyes does Sheba have? We need Abbymummy to mediate this one! Adilah, where are you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Sheba's eyes are blue.