What color is my Sphynx?

Melbriana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is our new rescue Aleister. I can’t decide on what color I think he is. I’m guessing black but I wasn’t sure because he isn’t super dark. His paw pads are brownish red and his eyes are yellow-green. He also has a small orange mustache lol.

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! He is gorgeous! I am guessing not black because he isn't solid, but there are some sphynx people on here who will most certainly be able to tell. I hope you will stick around our friendly community. :thumbsup:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a tough one. Colors are notoriously hard to see on Sphynx.
Check out the color descriptions in the CFA breed standard. You might see something that describes your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melbriana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! He is gorgeous! I am guessing not black because he isn't solid, but there are some sphynx people on here who will most certainly be able to tell. I hope you will stick around our friendly community. :thumbsup:
Thank you! I appreciate the reply! I see what you’re saying about not being solid. I’m excited to see everyone’s thoughts and learn more about the breed :)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a doll 😻 He looks so sweet. I think he might be pointed, I am not sure. Here is a link. Black sphynx do get lighter too as they age but he looks like he has pink too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melbriana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a doll 😻 He looks so sweet. I think he might be pointed, I am not sure. Here is a link. Black sphynx do get lighter too as they age but he looks like he has pink too.
[/URL]
I originally thought he was pointed as well but I kept reading that pointed cats have blue eyes so I wasn’t sure. He does seem to have some pink, he also has orange around his nose so I don’t know lol. I do know that he is adorable and the sweetest thing ever :)