What cha doin for easter?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a native Texan so I talk like that. Anyways,clean,workout,read,have coffee,and relax til tomorrow! My parents are in their 80's and live an hour away. My dad had a stroke 2 yrs ago so he is limited. My mom helps feed him and does all the necessities by herself. My dad used to help out but cant

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Half of my Easter goings are already done. Good Friday we went to my Aunts for dinner, yesterday my Fil stopped by to give us our little treats and Today we're going to my sister's for dinner. Monday I have nothing going on and plan on hiding from the world, working on my puzzle and just doing some housework/laundry.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ae staying home. My sister invited us over for dinner, but we feel like staying at home for dinner today.

We are taking a chunk of cheesecake, some sugar cookies, and a chunk of Boston cream pie to Rick's mom early this evening. And some chocolates. She is not feeling well, so we can't visit, but Rick will just drop the goodies off at the front desk and they'll take them back to her. Rick says we should also put a small container of pineapple stuffing in her Easter box; she just loves pineapple stuffing and that's something the home would never serve.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing. Hubby is having a gout attack so can’t get out of bed. Since it is just the 2 of us, I am not going to make anything special. I will probably just throw something on the grill even though it is cool out. No kids will visit today- oldest is on vacation to the Grand Canyon. Youngest is getting ready to leave Tuesday to hike the PCT again, and the middle one got mad at me and isn’t speaking to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I plan on going to Cole's, if not up to it they will drop off food for me.
Hmm never heard of that. Must not be in my location
I plan on going to Cole's, if not up to it they will drop off food for me.
Do u mean kohl's Didn't know they were open though we do live in different states

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My parents have 4 of my stepsister's kids for their whole spring break from school; so we were there for dinner and all the Easter fun. We already had our spring break when DH had vacation from work; so my kids went up and spent Friday night and Saturday there. We went to church yesterday and then brought some side dishes and ice cream to my mother's.

We "cheated" to make dinner easier by getting it all from Bob Evans! We used to do so much cooking; but with all the kids around and everything getting it pre-made was SO easy. All it needed was reheating and everything was really really good. My step-sister's kids are more picky and eat like birds; so it was simpler than trying to cook for what they eat. It even came with pies. :lol:

We ended up having to do the egg hunt indoors and 2 by 2 because the big kids were all playing with several other kids from the neighborhood. We live in the country and with homeschooling that doesn't give DS a lot of chances to play with other boys. At least not every day. So he was in his glory. Next year we might have to think up a way to include other kids. Even if it means buying half a dozen extra chocolate bunnies to give out while we do our egg hunt outside. Fortunately my mother's house is pretty big so it worked fine the way we did it yesterday.

And then I slept like a rock. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm never heard of that. Must not be in my location

Do u mean kohl's Didn't know they were open though we do live in different states
Sorry, my sis's name is Nicole..call her Cole.. We do have a Kohl's here, ha!!