What cause this bold spot?

Rangga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found this bold spot on my cat’s front right leg today and don’t know what caused it, at first I thought it might be from a tick or a mite but she’s an indoor cat and the bold spot doesn’t seem to bother her. I don’t see her scratching or licking the area and she’s still acting normal. I would take her to the vet but she gets so anxious when she goes to the vet so I want to see if there is a way to help her out first before I take her. So if anyone knows what cause it and how I can treat it I would really a appreciate your help.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing any bald spot on her leg. Even if we could see it, we can't say for certain what it is though. It's possible it could be caused by a bug bite that took some time for the fur to fall out, since it doesn't seem to bother her. Can you search your memory and see if perhaps she was licking it a lot earlier on? Really though, If it doesn't seem to bother her, and doesn't get any worse, I think I wouldn't worry about it at this point unless it's red and looks like there is a rash or the skin looks anything other than "regular" wherever it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rangga

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I'm not seeing any bald spot on her leg. Even if we could see it, we can't say for certain what it is though. It's possible it could be caused by a bug bite that took some time for the fur to fall out, since it doesn't seem to bother her. Can you search your memory and see if perhaps she was licking it a lot earlier on? Really though, If it doesn't seem to bother her, and doesn't get any worse, I think I wouldn't worry about it at this point unless it's red and looks like there is a rash or the skin looks anything other than "regular" wherever it is.
Thank you for your advice. I don’t remember her scratching or licking more then usual so I guest all I can do is see if it will get better or worst and take it from there. Here is another picture where I circle the area.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That teeny area? I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets bigger or gets red and your cat is picking at the spot. It might just be a random irritation or reaction to something.