What cat treats do you give your furbabies?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GiGi will eat any kind of treat she can get her paws on. Even dog treats. I got samples of Fromm food for Franklin and she went nuts over it even went as far as to smack Franklin over the head when he tried to eat his own food, she picked out the Fromm pieces. But for regular cat treats I can grab any kind possible and she will gobble them down. Hercules is a little more picky and it has to be moist and he has a preferance for chicken or cheese kind, everyone once in a while he will go for tuna kinds. I havent given Bacon/Jules any treats yet or Ramsie but Im sure when they are both settled down and ready to try them Ill have yet 2 more treat hounds. I have to be like a ninja trying to open the cupboard where Franklins chewies are because if they hear that door open its a stampeed and Im sure to be mauled by my treat wanted kittys.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A question about this thread. How many pieces do you give your kitty at one time. A handful or half of that or do you count them out. I give Autumn less than half a handful at one time, what about you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are obsessed with Temptations treats! (Right now they have the Temptaiton Natural Wild Alaskan Salmon, but they like just about any bag I've ever tried them on!)

They also get baked chicken, yogurt, freeze-dried salmon treats from WildSide (my dogs eat those too) and Grandma Lucy's freeze-dried treats as well. They also LOVED the treats my SS sent them last year for Christmas (I think they were some sort of kitty "party mix" treats but I can't find them in the stores here.)

-LaRussa -My kitties only get two small pieces each when I handout the bagged treats- I normally give out treats 1-2x a day. Anytime they get a treat (homemade or bagged) I cut back on their regular kitty food a hair so that way I can monitor their weight and keep them healthy.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Lucky has become addicted to pill pockets
Oh my goodness, you actually have a cat that will eat the pill pockets? That is amazing!!!!
My 3 and every other cat I've fostered/owned in the past have all refused them

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-LaRussa -My kitties only get two small pieces each when I handout the bagged treats- I normally give out treats 1-2x a day. Anytime they get a treat (homemade or bagged) I cut back on their regular kitty food a hair so that way I can monitor their weight and keep them healthy.

Uh oh, looks like I'm giving Autumn too many, I better cut down on the treats.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since mine rarely get treats I normally give them about 5+ pieces at a time, and whatever Hercules doesnt eat its free game for GiGi....But they very very rarely get treats mostly because I either forget I have them or I dont need to get into the chewie door for Franklin because he hasnt gone thru his supply of chewies around the living room.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Temptations have been banned. My kitties were too addicted to them. Breaking the habit for Molly was horrible.

Now they only get greenies and they haven't had major dental work since.

We give out 3 at a time however they beg all day. I don't give in as much as DH and Mom. They really get bugged. lol

2coolcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I only buy treats when I have a coupon that makes them free...so right now they have a few bags of temptations, whiska lickins, natural sensations, goodlife recipe and party mix. I need to give them more often as I just had to throw a bag out that had went bad. Mostly for treats I give raw meat-giblets or liver or whatever i'm cutting up for dinner.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mika loves cheesies and potato chips. As soon as she hears the bag open she's all over us like white on rice!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy different kinds of treats, usually whatever is on sale or I have a coupon for, and Genever likes them all pretty much. Greenies, Whisker Lickins, Temptations, crunchy, soft, tuna, chicken, salmon, whatever. And she likes Pill Pockets too, which is a good thing since she gets a pill everyday. Makes it SOOOOO easy.

I know there's horrible stuff in most of them, but I figure if I can eat potato chips or scary neon orange Cheetos once in a while, then she can eat her junk food too.

She gets treats when I think to give them to her, which isn't always everyday, and when she gets treats, I'll usually give her 3-5 or so.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought a bag of Temptations to see if the kitties like it. The answer is not just yes, but YES!

They have a mixture of treats in a plastic Tupperware container right now - Pounce crunchy chicken and trout, Temptations chicken, Friskies Indoors Greens (cant remember exact name), Party Mix, Whiskas Crunch Lovers, and probably a couple more
They enjoy their variety. I grab a handful and pass out a few in the afternoon or evening.