What breed is this guy?

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This fella has been hanging around my parents for a while and fathered some kittens around the neighborhood. He's kind of a meanie but I think he is just handsome! Very muscular. Any ideas of what he is? I am almost certain he belongs to someone on the street, but who would let a pretty cat like that run loose??

cmedeiros17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks to me like a Persian or Himilayan mix??? Thats my best guess lol. He is beautiful though!!!!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm rubbish with breeds and colours I just wanted a peek at him, he is absolutely stunning.xx

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do Exotic Shorthairs come in pointed colors? He certainly does look at least partly purebred, with the blue eyes, points, and squished nose. You can tell he's a tough customer just from his expression there, LOL.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks a lot like a British Shorthair. Blue point. Exotics do come in colorpoints, so he could be a mix. The body type is very much Brit/Persian/Exo-like, the face shape and longer nose makes me think of a Brit.

Reminds me of my rainbow kitty Casper..
He was a lilac point BSH.

Pic of Casper:

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I am almost certain he belongs to someone on the street, but who would let a pretty cat like that run loose??
Obviously, none of us likes the idea of any intact male left to roam outside, but I had the same thought. At the very least, I'd worry that someone would take him home; he's very unique-looking for a "street" cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had actually thought about taking him, to be honest. Obviously the owners aren't overly responsible, letting him run loose intact. Not only that, but there is someone in the area that does bad things to cats. It's not a good idea to have them running around for that reason alone...but if they do love him, I wouldn't want them to miss him like I'd miss Parker if someone took him.
Plus,
I'd would worry about him beating up on Parker. He is TOUGH.
Thanks for the ideas of possible breeds.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks kinda like a British Shorthair. He's cute! It's to bad you can't find his owners, maybe they didn't let him out, maybe he ran away, and they don't know he's still in the neighborhood?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me (body/head type) of an Exotic and British SH. Both come in pointed patterns.

But w/o papers its a domestic shorthair. The coat looks very dense but its a short hair cat - not a long hair cat like a Persian/Himi.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I had actually thought about taking him, to be honest...but if they do love him, I wouldn't want them to miss him like I'd miss Parker if someone took him.
Plus,
I'd would worry about him beating up on Parker. He is TOUGH.
He is very pretty.
Personally I would take him in to be neutered. He won't be gone long and it would be good for him and the other area cats.
That might also help his personality.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More Exotic SH than Brit IMO. Just because of the ear/eye position, but yeah, without papers a very nice DSH!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he looks like a Brit... His tail, face and coat just looks a lot like it to me... and I wouldn't be shocked if this guy is a purebred one... Shame to see it outside, but I am pretty certain, as you also suspect, that it does belong to somebody... There are plenty of people who still believes in inside/outside cats, even purebreds. He looks very healthy... What a beauty! Have you asked if anybody knows who the owners are? Or perhaps ran away... Someone lost him...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told that he belongs to some people that live behind my parents but I'm not 100% sure of it. They are a rowdy bunch, maybe he doesn't wanna live there.

Someone found a small litter of kittens he fathered, I guess they all had the pushed in faces. The owner of the home took them to a shelter where they all tested positive for FIV. The mother of the kittens is feral...I'm wondering if he has it. Would be a shame.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

More Exotic SH than Brit IMO. Just because of the ear/eye position, but yeah, without papers a very nice DSH!
I thought either BSH or EXO, looking at other pics I think you are correct the ear set is more Exotic. I'm sure Sam will be along at some point to offer her opinion.

I'd be taking him in to be scanned for a microchip and picking his pockets if not owned, does him no good to be wandering around entire siring litters all over the place.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO he looks like the body of a Brit and head of an Exotic - that's why he could be both. If you want, I agree to just get him neutered and tested for FIV - would be a shame if he's got it too.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other reason for my saying more Zot than brit is that pointed brits are far less common than pointed Zots...but then , just IMO anyway