What breed does my cat resemble?

mcr0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! This is Merida, we got her from a rescue when she was just shy of 4 months and is now 7 months old. I can tell that of course she is a torbie, but wondering if she resembles any breed or mix of breeds in particular just out of curiosity? I know it’s not a guaranteed answer as we got her from a rescue, but just curious if she resembles anything!
She’s super sweet and loving though a little shy around new people. Her favorite thing to do is cuddle me while purring like a motor haha. Her second favorite activity is playing fetch!
2DE56E24-37AB-4BB1-B114-AB55DDA006FA.jpeg
011C8C1A-0C5B-4A53-B17D-C58E1E04AC48.jpeg
A7D82FA0-BEFB-4F3B-BDA2-AF2F8F33D58E.jpeg
CE8AF5E5-DD75-4D02-B522-61F92A1A99DF.jpeg
E45DF916-2D5E-485D-ADE3-EF673CA8DCB1.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mcr0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let me also say that she personality-wise she is incredibly docile and relaxed. You can pet her belly, carry her around in your arms like a baby, she didn’t fight a harness even the tiniest bit the first time I put one on her, has a very soft and quiet meow etc. Essentially the opposite of my Siamese!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! She is one good looker! I am smitten!

Others here will surely tell you what breed. Just want to say, congratulations on this darling!

mcr0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow! She is one good looker! I am smitten!

Others here will surely tell you what breed. Just want to say, congratulations on this darling!
Thank you! She is an absolute sweetheart and we were so lucky to be able to adopt her!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A true beauty! And also, visibly bigger then the point / siamese.

What look alike? It would stand between MCO and Sibirian. I would say, the Sibirian is nearest.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's really lovely! I like her name, too :). I would describe Merida as a torbie domestic longhair.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. Because the natural longhaired breeds such as the Siberian and Norwegian Forest Cat don't have extreme features, most longhaired cats have a superficial resemblance to them, and people often want to compare every longhaired cat to one or more of these breeds. However, I'm not seeing any obvious features that make your cat resemble any of these longhaired breeds in particular. She looks like a beautiful domestic longhair to me. That doesn't make her any less gorgeous or special, though!

mcr0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A true beauty! And also, visibly bigger then the point / siamese.

What look alike? It would stand between MCO and Sibirian. I would say, the Sibirian is nearest.
She’s still a bit smaller than him, but I can tell she’s likely going to get much bigger than he is! Thank you for your reply :)

mcr0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's really lovely! I like her name, too :). I would describe Merida as a torbie domestic longhair.

Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs. Because the natural longhaired breeds such as the Siberian and Norwegian Forest Cat don't have extreme features, most longhaired cats have a superficial resemblance to them, and people often want to compare every longhaired cat to one or more of these breeds. However, I'm not seeing any obvious features that make your cat resemble any of these longhaired breeds in particular. She looks like a beautiful domestic longhair to me. That doesn't make her any less gorgeous or special, though!
Thank you for the reply! A few of my friends were debating she looked like certain breeds so I just got curious if anyone with more experience felt she looked similar to a certain breed as well. She is definitely a beautiful and sweet cat regardless of what breed she is or isn’t!