What breed does my cat look like?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Domestic shorthair, lynx seal point with white. Ie a tabby + point, with white... (many would say, a siamese-mix).

But if she is a look alike to some established breed? Probably, but I dont get the inspiration or idea what....

Where do you live? Feks, in the south east Asia, its common with domestics cats of these here looks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tabzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I live in the Philippines.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. I live in the Philippines.
Ok, so the diagnose is clear. No fancy breed, no "the lost and now found natural dau of the King", its "just" a somewhat unusually colored (because of her being a point), but quite typical domestic in this your country.
Or? I suppose many other cats in Philippines does have this here overall body looks?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. Its not at all sure her kittens will be pointed. It depends on the father too. The father must too be a point, or at least, carry the pointed gene, to be there any pointed kittens.
However, all her kittens will carry the pointed gene. Themselves they will probably be tabbies with white spots.

Tabzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, so the diagnose is clear. No fancy breed, no "the lost and now found natural dau of the King", its "just" a somewhat unusually colored (because of her being a point), but quite typical domestic in this your country.
Or? I suppose many other cats in Philippines does have this here overall body looks?
Yes, you are right the cats here in the Philippines are quite small and slender compared to other countries. I was just curious on her coat color since I have never seen a stray here with this type of coloration.

Tabzz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ps. Its not at all sure her kittens will be pointed. It depends on the father too. The father must too be a point, or at least, carry the pointed gene, to be there any pointed kittens.
However, all her kittens will carry the pointed gene. Themselves they will probably be tabbies with white spots.
Thank you for the heads up

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! With those points and beautiful blue eyes, she must have some oriental breed in her background, perhaps the Snowshoe with her white feet and black highlights. Without registration papers, it doesn't matter, but she would be listed as a DSH, domestic short hair, lynx point with white as stated above. Very pretty! Bless you, for taking her in!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really is a pretty girl! I would also describe her as a seal lynx point and white domestic shorthair.
I was just curious on her coat color since I have never seen a stray here with this type of coloration.
Pointed coloring is due to a recessive gene called colorpoint. Genetically, she is a tabby and white cat, plus two copies of the colorpoint gene.

We know that she inherited one copy of the colorpoint gene from each of her parents. However, her parents and other ancestors might not have been pointed in color themselves... they might have had more typical coloring for cats in your area (such as tabby and white, black and white, etc.)