What breed do my two cats look like?

oreoandgary23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my boyfriend have been trying to figure out what breed our boy and girl are. The gray one is supper cuddly and sweet, and the fluffy black and white one is more of a loner and only likes pets sometimes if that helps!!
DDEFCDDD-476B-4322-A627-E9793BD94FDD.jpeg

B5EB19A7-EF80-4DF0-817F-4F643965D647.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreoandgary23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, Gary the gray one, meows a LOT. He has weird sounding meows like hes saying “no” and Oreo the black and white one has more of low almost like purr meows.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so cute! :redheartpump:

I would describe Gary as a blue tabby and white domestic shorthair. If you have a picture of him showing the side of his body, we can also describe his tabby pattern. And I would describe your girl (what's her name?) as a black and white domestic longhair. They both appear to have lovely green eyes! Are they related?

Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less beautiful or special. Domestic shorthairs and longhairs are great cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreoandgary23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Oreo!! And here is a picture of his side. Thank you so much for the detailed response too!! They aren’t related at all actually, they were both adopted from different homes. I love how they are both such unique cats and so personable.
image.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe Gary's tabby pattern as "broken mackerel" -- you can see that he has mackerel stripes with some of them broken into spots. He looks like such a friendly guy! :)