What Are You Watching Right Now?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It is originally a Korean series and when I saw the original it gave me a very good feeling.Some elements of the original were a bit too extreme for American tv. The dad in the American version is not so bad compared to the original dad. The show reinforced my feelings that moderately Autistic people can achieve the goals they seek. That they can live quite normally.
I knew it was based on a Korean format but have never seen the original. Although I'm glad I didn't see it if the original dad is harsher than the American version. Wait until you see Episode 7, titled 22 Steps. It's about an autistic boy that Dr. Shaun Murphy treats and I won't say anymore, don't want to spoil it for you. Having worked with so many Autistic students over the years I completely agree that ASD people can definitely achieve their goals.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I knew it was based on a Korean format but have never seen the original. Although I'm glad I didn't see it if the original dad is harsher than the American version. Wait until you see Episode 7, titled 22 Steps. It's about an autistic boy that Dr. Shaun Murphy treats and I won't say anymore, don't want to spoil it for you. Having worked with so many Autistic students over the years I completely agree that ASD people can definitely achieve their goals.
In the original the doctor developed a relationship with a patient, a little girl who was raised in a dog kennel so she was incommunicative and feral. Perhaps the Autistic patient is the American solution to that episode.