What are you planning? (Weddings)

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

I noticed there are several people here in the process of planning a wedding. So, what are your plans? If you are already married, feel free to share as well.
Yay! I knew about the other thread, but since we planned our wedding in 2 weeks (insanity!) I never had time to post on here! Since you say we are free to share if we are already married, I'm going to jump in here since I totally missed the planning part!

We had a super casual, and in my opinion, 100% absolutely perfect wedding.
Hubby and I, and our parents, were in formal wear (I had a real wedding dress and everything!), but the wedding party was given the option of formal or totally casual. Our colors were blue and green. Since we had only two weeks, I told the wedding party "wear what ever you happen to have, if they go with our colors, great!" The only one that bought something for the wedding was my friend who was 7 months pregnant.

Here's how the wedding party ended up looking!

The bridal party (my dog was the ring bearer, so of course she is in it!
)

The groom and his men:

By the way, of the groom's men, the only one that took me up on my "totally casual dress is ok" option and wore shorts and sandals is my brother!
At his wedding, my now-sister-in-law had matching outfits for her bride's maids (including me, she is the one in the white skirt in the above pic) had all her girls, including her, wear sandals! So it's not surprising that she and my brother wore sandals to mine.

I think they looked perfect! I also had a "flower girl"-ish, who was too old be your typical flower girl, and too young to be bride's maid, but she is a very dear friend and I really wanted her in it, so I had her walk with my ring bearer (as it should be!). She loves my dog, so it worked out great!

And this is how it looked all thrown together:

We had this in a park I grew up in, and I made it potluck. I told everyone "It's a potluck picnic in a park! We just happen to be saying vows, too." Honestly, for us, it was perfect. All my guests actually had a GREAT time, I've had so many people tell me "that was the best wedding I've ever been to! If more were like yours, I'd enjoy them!" And to me, what mattered is that all the people I love were there and having a good time.

I realize this type of super casual wedding isn't for everyone, but I wanted to share to give ideas, especially if anyone else is considering it! You're not alone if you are.
It's your day, whether you want it super formal and fancy, or fun and casual, make it your special day!

Also, I'd like to brag that this ENTIRE thing cost less than $2,000. And it only cost that much because my mom, being that I'm her only daughter, insisted I have a formal wedding gown and a real wedding cake. Which by the way, turned out beautiful! Green and blue are my favorite colors, and blue is hubby's favorite, so we were both very happy with it:

For those currently planning, congratulations, and ENJOY!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The whole color palette came from these flowers.

I'm having the very saturated hydrangeas from first one for my bouquet, and the second one is inspiration for the reception. I actually love the burlap in the second one, too. Any ideas for how to incorporate the burlap into the reception decor without making things feel so casual?