What are the best 3 times to feed a cat?

Sydneyluck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 2 cats (momma and baby) who eat wet food 3 times a day, but the time isn’t really consistent. They usually eat when they tell me they’re hungry (this is usually about 6 hours in between each meal). I don’t really like this schedule and I’m always wondering if they eat enough/ are hungry etc (if I put down any amount of wet food even if they act full they’ll still eat it just not all of it)
3 times a day seems to be a good amount for them but I want them on an actual schedule so they know they aren’t getting food every time I make myself food lol. I’m home 24/7 and basically never leave the house, I also never really sleep and I take multiple naps throughout the day (the cats only sleep when I sleep too lol they never nap when I’m awake and the second I lay down you best bet they are also running under the covers with me lol) so ya basically any time of the day is convenient to feed them.
they are also both in pretty good shape, mom is just over 6lbs and baby was 3lbs at the last vet check (she was 9 weeks old, she’s now around 12 and I can visibly see she’s getting bigger) they are both VERY active and play literally all day. If it’s not with each other it’s with me.
baby eats about 1 1/2 cans of freedom wet kitten food a day and mom eats about 2 cans of fancy feast wet food a day (I plan on switching them to a better food when baby can eat adult cat food) they also have a half cup of dry freedom cat food that they take a few bites of if they get peckish (I only have to give them another scoop every 3 days maybe so I know they only eat it if they are actually hungry in between meals) I’m fine with mom eating the hard kitten food since baby still nurses throughout the day as well (she really has a buffet of food every day eh lol)

also forgot to add in, mom gets a bit of a diet helper in her food sometimes just bc she has a weird stomach and regurgitates a lot but has stopped when I started giving her that, and no it is not haitballs I’m weird and pick through it so I can talk to the vets about it. This is also why I was waiting on baby to be on adult food when I switch it so mom doesn’t have to change again.

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh aren't they sweet :loveeyes: Well I feed mine three meals of wet food only and my feeding times are 8:30 a.m, 2:30 p.m. and 10: 15 p.m. I do give them a small bedtime snack of 4 pieces of freeze dried chicken around 11:45 p.m. to tide them over until breakfast.

What is this diet helper you give the mama cat to keep her from regurgitating? I guess it's not from eating too fast or too much? Normally that's what causing regurgitation and can be helped by raising their dishes or using a slow feed bowl. That's what I do with one of my cats (raise AND use a slow feed bowl)