What Are Some Cleaning Products You'd Recommend For Cleaning A Senior Cat?

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My newest Foster and probably Foster fail, Arthur, is such a sweet cat. He's 11 and had to have both eyes removed, but he doesn’t let that get him down. He absolutely loves to cuddle. The only thing is that his first kind of oily and he’s a little stinky because he still recovering from surgery. So I wanted to clean him.

I used human body wash, and I hope it wasn’t a huge mistake. I didn’t realize you couldn't use that. But anyway, what are some good cat shampoos and cat body washes to help my kitty?

And of course, video (uploading). Here’s a video of us cuddling for an hour. My buddy

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a sweet cat!! You rinsed him really really well l hope?
Burts Bees and earthbath make cat wipes, but I haven't double-checked ingredients.
I think I'd try wipes and brushing rather than baths, his skin may dry out very easily and be a bit more fragile than with a younger cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I_Wuv_Kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I actually took a wash cloth, soaked it in warm water with soap, and gently wiped him down everywhere while comforting him that it's okay. Then I rinsed it out and used another cloth to get the soap out. And lastly he wanted to get away but I did use a blanket to dry him off some.

I just ordered some Burts Bees wipes. Will try them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you use Dawn dishwashing soap - the original? Any other soap isn't as safe.
This is the soap they use to get petroleum oil off of birds and other animals after oil spills, but they are rinsing the animals really well under running water,
You need to rinse him with warm water from a pitcher in the tub or in a big sink to get all the soap out of his fur and off his skin. If you didn't, you need to do that today - that soap residue needs to be removed.

Last edited: