Wet kitten food for sensitive stomachs

BeccaT

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi! My kitten is 3 months old and is almost fully weaned off some special I/D wet cat food after dealing with some bad diarrhea. This food is prescription only and now that her diarrhea is gone, she no longer needs it.

We've been slowly weaning her back onto her dry food (Hill's Science) but I'm still mixing in the wet with her dry, but when all of the wet food is gone from her bowl, she'll whine and cry until it's topped up, even when there's plenty of dry food left in the bowl. I'm worried that she's not going to want to eat the dry food alone when we run out of the wet prescription food.

We ordered 5 cans of some Hill's Science wet kitten food as we planned on staying with that brand but we had no idea how small the cans were until we got them. They also recommend that we feed her 3 cans a day for her size/weight! Sadly this is too expensive for us to buy in bulk, but I'm still worried that she might have a bit of a sensitive stomach and I'm on the lookout for wet canned food that's safe for kittens to eat, and for sensitive stomachs but also affordable in bulk. Or if anyone knows of a place to get Hill's wet food in bulk for cheap, that'd be great, too!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
There are other ways of helping her sensitive tummy. A wet food with better ingredients and cost less. My cat with a sensitive tummy craves Health Extensions chicken with pumpkin and more expensive tiki with pumpkin or farmina quail,venison, or duck. In 9 years health extension is the only food she has never thrown up. The dry may have ingredients that don't agree with her

SharkTT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Becca, I am assuming the food you described is Hills Prescription Diet I/D. It is fine to feed your kitten this on a regular basis. 2 of my cats were on prescription food (1 for a sensitive stomach) for a long time, and then both went off it within weeks of each other. Your vet is the best place to buy this from in a case of 24. The pricing is a lot less for a case, and depending on where you live, you may not have to pay sales tax if you get it from the vet. I don't know what it is about the Hills Dry Food, but none of my clowder liked it. They love the Purina 1 though. I have tried kitten, senior, and sensitive stomach varieties, but the regular one is still the one they devour. Good Luck.