weruva or tiki cat

Zoren

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was originally concerned about the low calories especially in Paw Lick'n Chicken. However, I find my cat has done great and the vet agrees. He is 17 months old and has been eating it for several months. His calorie intake averages much below what is commonly recommended. He is perfect weight, shiny coat, plenty of energy and bright eyed. My thought is that he eats mostly meat so he gets what he needs and doesn't poop out the calorie rich waste that he doesn't need. He has more energy than he did on higher calorie good grain free food. It must be the right amount of utilized nutrients even at much lower calorie count.

ProMeower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It should be really straightforward to figure out calories for a cat by weight and age and neuter status - and yet it isn't! When I tried to feed my 3 cats the recommended amount, weighing it on a scale, it was too much and they gained weight. Took a few months to calibrate how much food each cat should have, based on whether they were gaining or losing weight, reassessing every 4-6 weeks.

Worked for 3 years, and then the manufacturer must have changed recipe without telling anyone. The cats lost between 0.5 lb and 1 lb each before I noticed and changed their daily amounts, and now they're back to normal.

Weruva is a good food in my opinion. Ingredients look solid, and 2 cats keep trying to steal it from the 3rd's bowl. I would feed Tiki but just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.