Weruva calories

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I am waiting for my vet to call me back because shes eating more than usual and begging for food. Maggie eats one 6 oz can of weruva in the morning. She is 9 pds used to 9.5 pds. I feed her more her last 2 meals. Yesterday she ate over 200 cals. I read thats because weruva is high protein the cals are less but enough for an adult cat. For weight she seems fine. She had recheck with her imd last week. I assume my vet will do a radiograph Who else's cat is a weruva only fan?

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My cats don't like Weruva, but I am still commenting because I am wondering if she has been checked for thyroid issues. Has she been eating the same amount for a long period of time and maintaining her weight, but now suddenly is losing weight and begging for food. This could be diabetes (would be surprising on Weruva), or thyroid, or possible kidney, or could be something else alltogether. We'll be anxious to hear what the Vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't like Weruva, but I am still commenting because I am wondering if she has been checked for thyroid issues. Has she been eating the same amount for a long period of time and maintaining her weight, but now suddenly is losing weight and begging for food. This could be diabetes (would be surprising on Weruva), or thyroid, or possible kidney, or could be something else alltogether. We'll be anxious to hear what the Vet says.
It seems the dark diaheria does not always happen and wait till I can get a sample which might not be for a few weeks. He has a paste to try next tomorrow. My imd wants do do testing that would cost $5000. I will wait on that!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boone and Gracie were Weruva exclusive cats for a couple years. Switched to a cheaper brand because husband was complaining about the expense. He seems to be off that kick so going to switch back once the other food is gone. They loved Weruva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
He gave me proviable health supplement kit to try. I will start tonight