We're such morning people!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - we are DEFINITELY morning people.

Left the house at 9:15 a.m., went to the bank, to the post office, to the gym, then Costco--- and we were all finished and home by noon!

OH - mailed the out of the US Christmas cards, so all mine are out!

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
LOL. School is over, so I decided to have a nice sleep in today. I just got out of bed, and I'm in the same time zone as you, Lana. :lol3:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get up between 5:00 and 5:15 AM and I'm at work by 7:00 AM.  I get a lot done in the 1.5 - 2 hours before people start trickling in, and I get to leave at 4:00.  I am not a night person at all.  It's 7:00 PM and I'm ready to call it a day, watch a little tv and go to bed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you seen that funny captioned picture going around that says something along the lines of "Everyone who says Good Morning should be forced to prove it!"?  That is me.  In 2007 I was laid off from my job and it took a matter of days before I was up till 2 am instead of 9 or 10.  DH has found me asleep in various locations when I should be getting up....such as the foot of the bed (standing...with my top half back on the bed) and in the shower.  Yes; I have slept in the shower.  I've also washed my face with conditioner.  

I am most productive if I get straight out of bed and get working.  No dressing or breakfast.  Otherwise I loose that steam and get distracted.  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have a Snoopy poster where Snoopy was lying on his doghouse all bedraggled and the caption was "I think I'm allergic to mornings!" Rick gave that to me years ago because that was me.

Mom and Dad said that I had my days and nights mixed-up when I was born and it was like that for years. When I worked a swing-shift, I loved third shift (11 at night to 7 in the morning). I'd be bouncing around the place all night long and everybody else was desperately trying to stay awake. But when I worked first shift (7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon), I couldn't even begin to function until around 10:00 or so. 3-4 cups of coffee and maybe a high octane Pepsi to get me moving. People at work wouldn't even talk to me until 10:00. I hated mornings.

I actually walked into the wall in the hallway one morning. I've walked into the bedroom door and the bathroom door. It was bad.

It was all Rick could do to get me awake in the mornings. And since he leaves for work before I do, I'd go back to bed for "just one more minute" and then it was a mad dash to get to work. Even now sometimes, if I'm still in bed when he leaves for work (it's rare nowadays), he'll awaken me and say, "Feet on floor! Feet on floor!" And then I'll stick one leg out from under the bedcovers and slap it on the floor. "There! Happy??"

Most of the time now, though, I'm up with him because of cleaning litterboxes and such. It takes awhile to take care of the cats now, too. And even if I have a day off work (Rick calls them my "bogus" holidays.....Martin Luther King Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, etc. I have those days off work; he does not), I'm usually up with him anyway and I don't go back to bed. I stay up and start working around the house.

Somewhere along the line, I've turned into a morning person.

Last edited: