We're Newbies

marvie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Been lurking/learning for a while now and decided to join. My 16-year old black, polydactyl and I are happy to be here. Enjoy some pictures of my sweet Garcia and his gray whiskers....

He just got through a very rough week following an emergency surgery for bladder stones and urethral blockage. Back and forth from emergency vet to his regular vet for complications ranging from not peeing to being constipated because of medications, he's home, and super snuggly and loud and we are so happy he's here. He's our baby and we can't fathom our lives without him.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome marvie marvie and handsome Garcia! Poor little man did have seriously rough week. I'm happy to hear he is back home where he belongs and I'm hoping his recovery will be problem free going forward. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marvie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's doing very well now, just gotta get him through fireworks tonight, he gets jumpy. He only hates me for a minute after I give him his antibiotic now, which is better than the whole day. I told him that I wasn't sorry for it and it's going to happen again, pretty sure he came to terms with that :lol3:

We owe this guy so much. Last August there was a freak windstorm here in my part of Washington. Mr. Garcia got my boyfriend and I to safe spots (him outside in the driveway, me in the shower at the back of the house), he then must have hid himself because not five minutes later the neighbors very large, very dead tree fell through the front of our house. He knew/felt it was going to happen and if he hadn't distracted us and gotten us to safe spots we could've both been seriously injured or killed. We were essentially homeless after that, he understood that we had to leave this house we all loved. He put up with all three of us being uprooted (more than once, hard to find a rental that time of year)and he's still hanging on. He's so smart and so sweet, and I couldn't ask for anything more. :love:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad he's doing well now. Hopefully the fireworks did not stress him out too much!

and welcome!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, that sounds like quite a cat.  He's a wise old guy, isn't he?  How did he do with the fireworks?

Welcome to TCS.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marvie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's an amazing cat, that's for sure. So smart and so protective over us. He did fine with the fireworks, he snuggled close to us all night, he felt safe.