Well...That just happened.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm making a "very healthy" dinner of Mac and Cheese with cut up wieners. As I was getting ready to put the powdered cheese into the pot, I was shaking the bag to make sure the powder goes to the bottom so when I rip the top off I don't make a mess. Well.....as I was shaking it, as it was swinging back towards me, the bottom seam pops open...cheese powder EVERYWHERE! All over my face, body, in my hair, all over the stove, counter, floor etc...and of course THIS is when Bynx decides to join me in the kitchen and he walks all over the cheese. I yell for my husband to help me as I couldn't move without stirring up an orange dust cloud and didn't want to track it further around the house. He FINALLY gets to me....and just laughs...I mean don't get me wrong, I'm laughing a bit too, I know I looked ridiculous covered in cheese powder...but I need to get this cleaned up. He gets the vacuum and I shake myself off. I vacuum the floor so I can walk around and get to wiping the major surfaces.
So now my cleaning plans have changed a bit for this weekend...I cleaned up most of it but I know I'll have to pull everything out so I can wipe all the nooks and crannies that are now sprinkled with orange fairy dust...

Have you got any...:doh2: moments to share?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Better cheese powder than the full glass of red wine my husband knocked over last night--all over an upholstered armchair, the sofa, and a rather expensive area rug. And then he just sat there stunned and watched while I raced to the closet and started pulling out old towels and raced back to begin to contain the worst of the mess. Red wine everywhere (except in my mouth and down my throat where it belonged [it was his wine]). And then at lunch today, he batted over a full glass of water at the kitchen table and, again, just sat there. Worse than one of the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And then at lunch today, he batted over a full glass of water at the kitchen table and, again, just sat there. Worse than one of the cats.
My husband is the same...just looks dumfounded at a mess he's made. I think he just does that when I'm around though because he knows I'll do it. :rolleyes3: I mean, it can't be a coincidence that messes only happen in front of me....

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is the same...just looks dumfounded at a mess he's made. I think he just does that when I'm around though because he knows I'll do it. :rolleyes3: I mean, it can't be a coincidence that messes only happen in front of me....
I am hoping…your sweeties make up for this in other charming ways? Like taking you out for dinner, flowers, foot rubs or—-?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping…your sweeties make up for this in other charming ways? Like taking you out for dinner, flowers, foot rubs or—-?
Oh yeah, he's a good guy.....It's probably partly my fault...I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and have often had to tell him "Not those towels!...or "That's not the right cleaner!"...
Just a few weeks ago, he decided to clean/dust his oscillating fan cage and blades, he grabbed one my facecloths and not a rag.... :disappointed:....we now have another rag.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, he's a good guy.....It's probably partly my fault...I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cleaning and have often had to tell him "Not those towels!...or "That's not the right cleaner!"...
Just a few weeks ago, he decided to clean/dust his oscillating fan cage and blades, he grabbed one my facecloths and not a rag.... :disappointed:....we now have another rag.
i am getting flashbacks :lol:only my gf allows me to spend hours cleaning only to just clean everything over again when her anxiety triggers her ocd

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am getting flashbacks :lol:only my gf allows me to spend hours cleaning only to just clean everything over again when her anxiety triggers her ocd
Or when my husband decides to be helpful and empty the dishwasher...and then I can't find anything because he didn't put in the right place... :ohwell:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If that had happened to me my cheese fanatic cats would be in there like a shot, creating another issue: getting them somewhere else before they made themselves sick.
Probably my biggest :doh2: was not securing a ladder so it slipped out from under me just as I was climbing onto the roof. Not a good day.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quite a few years ago (15 or so), I was in the master bathroom getting ready to dye my hair. I had everything set up. DH was napping in our room. I put the dye in the bottle from the kit as usual, shook it, took the cover off and went to squeeze some into my gloved hand. THE BOTTLE EXPLODED. There was dye all over the counters. sinks and wallpaper. I stood there in shock. I couldn't yell what I wanted to because DH was sleeping. I ran (quietly) into DD's room and had her (quietly) come into the bathroom with me. We cleaned like two fiends. Believe it or not we got it all up before any permanent staining happened. DH never knew. To this day, I don't know how that happened. I've been coloring my hair since the late 80's. That never happened before or since.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at my daughters house and she asked me to get some decorations down for my granddaughter's birthday party. She had put them ontop of her fridge/freezer. Unfortunately that's where she keeps the kid's board games. As I reached up I knocked her jenga pile of games the lot fell down on me. And bits of monopoly and chess, kerplunk and a few other games scattered everywhere. To make matters worse as I was moving the fridge/freezer to pick up the pieces the fridge door opened and the milk fell out. My daughter said laughing I bet you couldn't do that again as I stood in my milk and bit's puddle. The clean up operation was big because you can't have milk turning under anything so everything got pulled out to clean under.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived in Colorado, there was a Sonic not too far from us. Their food is meh but their drinks are great. Especially the strawberry slushies. I had a bad cold once and got one of those. It was so good and soothing on my sore throat. I kept it in the fridge so it would stay cold and I could keep sipping on it. Nothing else helped. I went to go get it out of the fridge and when I opened the door, it fell out and spilled all over the floor. I started crying. DH came into the kitchen to see me sobbing in front of the open fridge with my slushie all over the floor. he asked what happened. I told him it fell out of the fridge. He offered to get me another one. I sobbed, "I WANT THAT ONE". I'm awful when I get sick. Thankfully that happens very rarely. :rolleyes2:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So...I've been wiping down walls and cupboards, counter tops and all my appliances covered in cheese. I decided to basically do a "spring clean" of my whole kitchen so I'm going full out getting into all the nooks and crannies. And even areas where the cheese didn't reach. I purposefully saved the oven/range and my floors for last, as I was going to even pull out my oven to clean all around it and under it. I then started to clean up the range and all over the oven....I get to the bottom drawer, pulled it out...and I see a fuzzy little mouse staring back at me! CRAP! It's funny because Chester has been very interested in the oven for the last few days....now I know why.
When it rains it pours, eh?
I then spent 45 minutes trying to catch the little bugger, but he kept evading me. He kept going from my oven drawer to in the oven "wall" to behind the oven...back and fourth. But of course, now I've gotten the attention of 3 kitty cats! So now I'm trying to keep them at bay as well....FYI, hubby is at work so he's not here to help....
I feel bad for the little guy, but I gave up.
I emptied the bottom drawer wiped up the little bits of poop (not much so he couldn't have been there very long) and loaded the dishwasher with all of my casserole dishes and pie plates I had in there, and started a "sanitize" load.
I set 2 traps, one in the drawer and closed it and one behind the stove and pushed it back in place as far back as I could to keep the cats from getting behind it. The kitchen was almost done, except the oven drawer, under and behind the oven and the floors. Not once did I find any evidence of the mouse while I did the whole kitchen, including in my cupboards...so now I wait to finish cleaning the kitchen until I catch the fuzz nugget.
:thud:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'm going to have "one of those days" today...
I got up this morning, and filled the cats water bowl. As I bent to put it down, I spilled it...so had to clean that up.
Then getting my coffee ready (cream and sugar), I grabbed a fork! Hard to put sugar in your coffee with a fork.
Then I ended up spilling my coffee because I over filled the cup...I just poured too much in and it overflowed...I was watching...so no excuse. Well, my eye balls were looking in the direction of the coffee cup...apparently the connection to my brain wasn't there.
Just be thankful that I don't need to operate any heavy machinery today...I don't think it would end well...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the same thing happen with the cheese powder packet the other day. What a mess! It went down in the cracks of the sink. Now I cut the edge with scissors, then cut across the top. No more ripping it open.

I also spill my coffee drink most mornings. I spill the cappuccino powder or it flies all over, I spill the instant coffee, the milk flies out when I'm pouring it, or I overfill the mug and everything won't fit, or it bubbles up and overflows in the microwave. I can't win. I try to be careful, but something always spills somehow.