Well It’s Back To The Stone Age Around Here!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i live in sw Missouri and in our small tax base county we have two animal shelters. The one in Carthage has had management problems in the past so they hired a new director and immediately passed a resolution not to fund the shelter with county money “ till they shape up”. The one councilman, a guy named Bartosh, also said he didn’t think converting it to a no kill shelter was a good idea and that he wasn’t sure we really needed two shelters in the county anyway. BTW both shelters are at cat capacity! Oh, a side note is we are only talking about $8,000!
As Charlie Brown so eloquently stated “ we have met the enemy as it’s us!”

Yes I’m frustrated

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
trudy1 trudy1 -It looks like the local (Joplin) newspaper is launching a crusade to regain funding:

Our View: County should reconsider funding for Carthage Humane Society

Hopefully, they'll be successful. The media can be a powerful ally for public service organisations.

Aside: "We have met the enemy and he is us," is a quote from Walt Kelly's Pogo, in the late 1940s or early 1950s, fashioned after Oliver Hazard Perry's remark after the Battle of Lake Erie.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
trudy1 trudy1 -It looks like the local (Joplin) newspaper is launching a crusade to regain funding:

Hopefully, they'll be successful. The media can be a powerful ally for public service organisations.

Aside: "We have met the enemy and he is us," is a quote from Walt Kelly's Pogo, in the late 1940s or early 1950s, fashioned after Oliver Hazard Perry's remark after the Battle of Lake Erie.
:clap::salam::clap2:

:grouphug: :grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I stand corrected on the quote. It’s my hope the people will rally around this cause for the animals sake. A lot of small town politics and see me I can do this but in the end I fear animals go without food and vet care. I also realize that no kill is not popular is some quarters but to suggest going back to euthanasia as a solution to a management issue?
Will keep you poster as things develop.