Well, It Is Officially "is It An Allergy Or A Cold?" Season

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, boy, I just woke up with that this morning. Pollen count is nasty here, but it sure feels like a cold!

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.34.06 AM.png

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago, I thought my allergies were exploding. My regular allergy meds were not helping; also, asthma seemed to be triggered.

I then began to start having sweats; as if I was going through menopause again.

Finally took my temperature: low grade fever for over 5 days. I was in contact with my PCP. When she heard how long my temp was elevated, she wanted to see me. It was not 'just as cold' or 'just allergies'.

I saw her last Friday. At this time I was wheezing, and coughing.

Yup, Asthmatic bronchitis, along with pneumonia!

My car has been parked in the same spot since Friday.

As I am finding out, there is a really bad "bug" running around..

Be kind to yourself. If not certain, see your doctor..

I actually thought it was asthma, brought on by allergies.. and then perhaps a sinus infection..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I keep getting alerts on my phone. But honestly all I really need to know I can get by the fact that I've had to clean my windshield every morning I've started my car. :rolleyes:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess I'm lucky. I'm not allergic to pollen, just cold. . . temps. I sneeze, sniffle, and tear up all winter. It's just ceased.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago, I thought my allergies were exploding. My regular allergy meds were not helping; also, asthma seemed to be triggered.

I then began to start having sweats; as if I was going through menopause again.

Finally took my temperature: low grade fever for over 5 days. I was in contact with my PCP. When she heard how long my temp was elevated, she wanted to see me. It was not 'just as cold' or 'just allergies'.

I saw her last Friday. At this time I was wheezing, and coughing.

My car has been parked in the same spot since Friday.

As I am finding out, there is a really bad "bug" running around..

Be kind to yourself. If not certain, see your doctor..

I actually thought it was asthma, brought on by allergies.. and then perhaps a sinus infection..
Hope you get better soon.

xx

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! I just saw this--I'm glad I'm not in North Carolina for the 'pollenpocalypse'! :eek2:

Try not to sneeze. These photos show a 'pollenpocalypse' in North Carolina - CNN
From what I've been told, this is normal in NC. SIL told me that every year, her patio furniture is covered in a thick layer of yellow - and it gets everywhere. DD just cam back from Florida from being up there for almost a year and she said that it was awful. She had bad post nasal drip while she was there.

This is about 20 minutes from Raleigh.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
From what I've been told, this is normal in NC. SIL told me that every year, her patio furniture is covered in a thick layer of yellow - and it gets everywhere. DD just cam back from Florida from being up there for almost a year and she said that it was awful. She had bad post nasal drip while she was there.

This is about 20 minutes from Raleigh.
Yea it gets bad here:runaround:

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup same here. There's a tree in my yard that gives off pollen really early some years. I think it's some type of cedar. Then a bit later all the other types of trees kick in and it's like arghh!!....

Steve

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Allergies kicked in yesterday when we got a big warm up but since we had a 30 degree drop in temperature today with snow flurries this afternoon I feel much better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! I hope you feel better soon! My pulmonary doctor makes sure I have Z-pac on hand so if I feel a cold starts to go into my chest I can start taking it right away.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband suffers from allergies. It is terrible here in NC. Two mornings he has been asleep in the recliner in the living room when I climbed out of bed. He can't breathe when he goes to bed. I have seen the pollen clouds blowing across the road while driving. Hubby wears a respirator while cutting the grass. I had bought a new air purifier for the house hoping it would help. Maybe it has some, but not enough. We currently are using a borrowed Aerus Lux Guardian Air Platinum. It has really cleaned the air as we can see no dust particles floating around in the sunbeams through the windows. We have to return it on Monday and buy one if we want to.