Well, I won't be trying this dry food!

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't resist sharing this!

Buddy gets a little bit of dry food for a treat. I am using Bixbi Salmon. I wanted to see if I could find a Lamb dry food to alternate. I found one that looked pretty good, but I wanted to know the approximate percentage of Lamb vs the rest of the ingredients.

This was their response to my inquiry:

Hi there, Just like great chefs, our recipe specifics are proprietary! But rest assured any protein named in the title of our Recipe makes up at minimum 25% of the recipe. At Open Farm we also focus on high protein inclusion diets and ~80% of the protein in this specific Recipe comes directly from the animal ingredients. I hope this helps!

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Yes! It does help! You and your super duper special happy happy food are off my list! I will just stick to Bixbi Salmon, thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cejhome

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I appreciate the link!

What really turned me off in the response was the crazy lack of answer in such a smarmy way.

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think by law they have to show the ingredients. I mean what if an animal died because something they were alergic to caused an anaphylaxis reaction? Its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
What really turned me off in the response was the crazy lack of answer in such a smarmy way.
Oh, I know! It was very annoying…and crummy customer service. :nono: