Weirdest Mucus Plug Situation

HoFaSho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey y’all!

Long story short, I do cat rescue and took in a pregnant stray a little over two weeks ago. I’ve taken in probably a dozen pregnant strays in my day, but this is something I’ve never encountered before. This mommy (Maggie) has been gradually losing her mucus plug, little by little, every 2-4 days, for almost two weeks. I know every pregnancy is different and we all loathe the waiting game but I’ve never seen a seemingly normal mucus plug (color and consistency are totally normal and there’s no odor) come out gradually like this.

Obviously since she came to me pregnant I have no way of giving y’all an exact gestation date but I’d guess she’s pretty close to labor based on everything else. This bizarre mucus plug thing is what has me especially confused. Anyone else ever experience this? Thanks so much for reading.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HoFaSho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

What does the vet say? Are they concerned?
Just to keep an eye on her and to bring her in if anything else seems abnormal. She’s eating and drinking fine, temp is normal and her babies are active like they should be as they gradually move lower. I’m confident that it’s just a weird quirk but I was hoping someone else had seen this before.