Weird Scabs Inside Cat Ears

MotherOfAlbud

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted my beautiful cat three weeks ago. When I first adopted him I noticed a lot of black in his ears. When I took him to the vet and he tested it and concluded said it's just buildup from not having his ears cleaned. They cleaned them out at the vet and they gave me some solution for future cleanings. This week when cleaning I noticed a large scab in both ears. He is wearing a cone from a foot infection so he hasn't been able to scratch them. I don't know what this is or what could be causing it.

IMG_6476.JPG
IMG_6477.JPG
IMG_6478.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure, that could be a couple of things. Best bet is to give your vet a call, and offer to email him the photo so he can decide if this warrants another office visit.

boom01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you ever figure out what this was ? My kitten is experiencing this

boom01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just adopted my beautiful cat three weeks ago. When I first adopted him I noticed a lot of black in his ears. When I took him to the vet and he tested it and concluded said it's just buildup from not having his ears cleaned. They cleaned them out at the vet and they gave me some solution for future cleanings. This week when cleaning I noticed a large scab in both ears. He is wearing a cone from a foot infection so he hasn't been able to scratch them. I don't know what this is or what could be causing it.

View attachment 195752 View attachment 195750 View attachment 195751
Did you figure this out ?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is an older thread and the OP only ever posted that one question. Please feel free to start a new thread in the Cat Health section so that others might respond. If your cat is experiencing a similar ear condition, it probably should be referred to the vet. In this case, it almost seems as if something irritated the ear such as a reaction to the cleaning solution.