Weird green liquid from mouth

Cmartiska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had this with there cat before? My poor baby let me take this photo of her but when I tried to further inspect has ran off under a bed and I haven’t been able to calm her down or grab her all night and I’m worried. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were my cat, I’d ask a vet asap. I’ve never seen before. I’m no expert, but put it this way: it can’t hurt to ask! Does your cat get outside and eat grass? Sometimes they vomit it up again, but I’ve never seen foam on the mouth. Are there any other signs or symptoms?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cmartiska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I get you! It’s abut early here so I am waiting for the local vet to open up in 2 hrs and then I’ll be taking her. She is both an outdoor and an indoor cat so would eat grass. She was acting completely normal , even giving me love and cuddles until I realised her mouth. :(

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you will be bringing her into your vet. Since you mentioned she goes outdoors do you have anything poisonous in your yard?
Please keep us posted after the vet visit. Best of luck! :crossfingers:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Similar to what was mentioned above, if the places she goes outside treat the lawns/grass with fertilizers/etc. she could have ingested some with the grass and it is making her froth at the mouth. How long before you noticed this was she outside? Is she still hiding?

I would definitely take her to the vet as soon as you can and tell them as much as you can about the timing of events.

Cmartiska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Similar to what was mentioned above, if the places she goes outside treat the lawns/grass with fertilizers/etc. she could have ingested some with the grass and it is making her froth at the mouth. How long before you noticed this was she outside? Is she still hiding?

I would definitely take her to the vet as soon as you can and tell them as much as you can about the timing of events.

Oh my ….. my stepdad put slug killing pellets out in the lawn like 2 weeks ago…… you don’t think they would have something to do with this!!?? I might cry.
we are at the vet right now.
she came out from under the bed after a few please and lots of hissing. We will be seen to in 15 mins . I’ll keep you posted

Cmartiska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We also have a cactus plant but we have lived here for 4 years and have another cat and never had an issue before. But I guess that’s possible

Cmartiska

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok eveyeone . It was a mouth infection. The vet said it could have been caused by a few things , food or being brushed up against something. She had an injection and should be all clear in 2 weeks. Now she is relaxing inside and safe. Thankyou :)