Weird dry white spot on cats ear

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on this website in years so I dont even know if it's still active but I'm hoping you can help.

For a few weeks my cats had this weird dry, white spot on her ear. From the picture it looks like a little chunk of her ear is missing on the side but I assure you it's not. She hasn't been scratching at the spot I don't think. I don't really know exactly when it happened I just remember seeing It and thinking it would heal soon, but it hasn't. She does go outdoors alot and I suspect it happened with something out there, she does fight the other local cats too so perhaps it's related to that? I didn't find anything from a google search so I'm hoping this can help me identify what it is and help my cat.

Attachments

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me it looks like a mycosis, a fungal infection. If it's so, it seems it has gone unnoticed for a few days, because it's grown more than I have usually seen.
If I'm wrong, then I have no idea.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! :welcomeback1: It appears to be dry and flaky but that's just from my looking at the photo. If your cats goes outdoors and fights with other local cats as you mentioned then it could be any number of things causing the problem. Therefore, it would be best to contact your vet and give them a description of her ear. For the time being it would also be safest to keep her indoors until you talk to your vet and find out what treatment she may need.

In the meantime, here is an Article about skin conditions in cats that may have some helpful information for you:
Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles