Weird cat stool?

BeautifulDexterBby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently I’ve seen my cat having weird stool- it’s a normal dark brown on the outside but if you open it it’s mushy and light brown in the inside. It’s been happening today and yesterday. I’ve tried looking it up but no one has the same looking stool as it.

For the past couple months I’ve recently switched her to Weruva Cats in the Kitchen (fowl ball and chick a frick a zee). She’s amazing on it. Two week ago I’ve also let her try Health Extension. However, this poop problem only happened until yesterday so I don’t think that’s the problem.

The only *really* recent changes I had to her is that I’m playing with her a lot more and she’s getting Temptations treats. But not enough to cause a whole different stool.. right? I also live with other family members so I’m getting suspicious that they are feeding her things behind my back >.>

What do you guys think?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Cat Poop Color Chart | Find Out What The Colors Mean
Cat poo colour chart: Understanding your cat’s internal health | Petbarn Articles

Dark brown on the outside can indicate oxidation if it is left in the litterbox too long. While we are not vets and can't diagnose for you, if the stool is normal in texture, not a strange color like solid black, light yellow, red-streaked, it is probably normal. Change in diet can affect stool; if family members are feeding her other kinds of human food, you might need to have a conversation with them.

Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats? – TheCatSite Articles
Common Foods That Are Harmful To Cats – TheCatSite Articles

If you notice anything of concern though, call the vet. Worms, mucus, blood, or even just something that does not seem typical of your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BeautifulDexterBby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat Poop Color Chart | Find Out What The Colors Mean
Cat poo colour chart: Understanding your cat’s internal health | Petbarn Articles

Dark brown on the outside can indicate oxidation if it is left in the litterbox too long. While we are not vets and can't diagnose for you, if the stool is normal in texture, not a strange color like solid black, light yellow, red-streaked, it is probably normal. Change in diet can affect stool; if family members are feeding her other kinds of human food, you might need to have a conversation with them.

Which Foods Are Safe Cat Treats? – TheCatSite Articles
Common Foods That Are Harmful To Cats – TheCatSite Articles

If you notice anything of concern though, call the vet. Worms, mucus, blood, or even just something that does not seem typical of your cat.
Thanks for the reply. Hmm.. I don’t think the poop is dark brown because it’s in the litter box for too long, I clean it out at least 2-3 times a day. I’ll read into those links you sent me. Again, thanks!