Weighing a Cat

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you weigh your cat? Remember though mine are feral and I may be able to do the combined weight of me and Treasure then subtract my weight but Sopdet most likely won't let me pick her up. Although I can't see ribs she does seem pretty tiny. Too far for me to drive her to a vet that handles feral cats (as I'm the only one she's friendly with) and leave my elderly mother alone. Ideas? Maybe a treat on the scale? Thanks.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe put the scale down where she would normally sit to eat? And if she lets you get close enough you can read it while she eating. Turn it backwards so her head doesn't block your view of the display. Not sure if that would work though, as she might just sit off to the side of it.
Does she come to you for pets and treats? You could sit on a chair and coax her over with treats, getting her to climb up on it as you feed them to her.

You could also coax her into a carrier, or even a box or something..then place the carrier on the scale, or just have the box sitting on the scale already, then subtract the weight of the carrier/box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe put the scale down where she would normally sit to eat? And if she lets you get close enough you can read it while she eating. Turn it backwards so her head doesn't block your view of the display. Not sure if that would work though, as she might just sit off to the side of it.
Does she come to you for pets and treats? You could sit on a chair and coax her over with treats, getting her to climb up on it as you feed them to her.
She's at the point that she head butts my hand for pets but unlike Treasure she won't tolerate me picking her up..

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I edited my post with another option...just in case you didn't see it...

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked with the maker of the Wyze scale. Minimum weight is 11 lbs (which I doubt she's even 9 lbs) and adding things like a box or something doesn't do a thing. Ugh I don't have another scale to check either.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a box with something flat and heavy in it and then cover the "something" with a folded blanket of fluffy towel? A couple of bricks or something similar?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes but it won't work with this particular scale per Wyze. It does not weigh inanimate objects even if those objects total 50 lbs. Thanks for the help though. I should not have pitched that other scale when I got the wyze scale but alas I did. Nothing I can do about it now. :(

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Photo taken tonight. I don’t feel her ribs but wow she is tiny especially next to Treasure.

BDF92E9C-0BFC-4FA2-AD3D-EAF199216DD5.jpeg
9CE0F7DB-97A9-4701-883F-A0652F52D29E.jpeg