Weepy Red Mark On Cats Face

KaitlanMunro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a weepy red spot/mark on her face that I discovered yesterday after being out for a few hours. She’s indoor so nothings happened to her from outside. Anyone know what this could be? Doesn’t seem to be phasing her but my concerns are through the roof.
5098392C-5A24-4714-B5D3-67588242F81A.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Does your vet allow you to send in pictures? Is she a little swelled up just above that mark?

She's beautiful ❤

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks indented, not raised? Given that the fact that she is indoors eliminates a lot of possibilities (which is good), I wonder if she scratched it herself as something was bothering her. Is there any possibility of anything happening inside? If it appeared suddenly, I would rule out slow growing serious conditions and try to determine what might be causing an irritation. Watch to see if she scratches at it, rubs it against surfaces, etc. She certainly looks immaculate, so while flea allergies can cause problems, that does not immediately jump to mind.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. As suggested above, anything inside the home that she could have gotten a poke/scratch from? That looks like an injury of some sort. You can try chamomile tea as a home remedy to soothe/heal it while you look for possible causes.

Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest should she do so.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Was she bleeding or is the area raw and tender? I agree with the above members that she may have scratched herself. Is it possible she caught her face on something sharp? If she acts like it irritates her or it changes in size I would definitely contact your vet.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Please let us know what your vet says! I have noticed sometimes when I am out that that is when my kitty likes to do the semi sneaky things he’s not technically sposed to do…try to open high kitchen cupboards…well, basically anything kitchen related….might there be some tiny snag near one of your cupboards? The only other long shot I can think of is once in a great moon when my cat catches a mouse it nips back to escape, but…doubtful in this case since…the shape looks different. Glad it’s not phasing her and it looks quite clean.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KaitlanMunro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please let us know what your vet says! I have noticed sometimes when I am out that that is when my kitty likes to do the semi sneaky things he’s not technically sposed to do…try to open high kitchen cupboards…well, basically anything kitchen related….might there be some tiny snag near one of your cupboards? The only other long shot I can think of is once in a great moon when my cat catches a mouse it nips back to escape, but…doubtful in this case since…the shape looks different. Glad it’s not phasing her and it looks quite clean.
Yes, she’s mischievous so it is possible that she’s either hurt herself due to itching or getting hurt on some sort of furniture. It isn’t pussy or scabby it just looks a little weepy & raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KaitlanMunro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Was she bleeding or is the area raw and tender? I agree with the above members that she may have scratched herself. Is it possible she caught her face on something sharp? If she acts like it irritates her or it changes in size I would definitely contact your vet.
Hi, yeah it doesn’t seem to be bothering her, so I’ll give it a day or 2 if it gets any worse or changes I’ll call vet.