Weekly Thread 8/9/14-8/16/15

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going out of the box with this weekly thread, it's not about the weather or recipes. 

I am here to talk about a loved dog who belongs to my sister, she just turned 87.  Her dog is named Sandi and she would be 15 years old in October.  Tomorrow morning we have to put her to sleep and we are all very saddened about it. 

I have never seen a woman and her dog so close in all my life, Sandi has followed my sister around everywhere, when she left the house Sandi would cry until she came back.  I was with my sister when she adopted her from a shelter, yes I was there to say hello and now I will be there to say goodby.

My sister will be there and her son also and I of course. 

I am more worried about my sister than anything else right now, she is taking this really hardand at her age, I am so worried.  We all told her including friends that she has to let Sandi go and someday they will meet again at the Bridge.

I'm just putting this out there in memory of Sandi, she is a mix of a Jack Russell Terrier and a Chihuahua and very cute.

We will all miss her terribly.  Thanks for reading.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read about Sandi. I once was that close to a dog and even though it's been 25 years, I still miss her. My heart goes out to your sister at this time. She is lucky that she has you to support her and understand what she is going through. I hope she is eventually able to find some comfort in happy memories and the knowledge that she gave Sandi a wonderful life but it is going to be very hard on her for a long time. I know the pain from losing my old girl was almost unbearable but time did eventually help. Fifteen is a good long life for a dog and your sister made that possible.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little dog. I'm so sorry for the loss of such a wonderful friend. A bond as strong as the one your sister shares with Sandi cannot be broken by anything including death and I agree with you 100% that they will be reunited again when the time is right. 
  Times will be difficult after Sandi makes her journey over the bridge but you all have each other to lean on which is what Sandi would want. Every dog (and cat of course) should be so lucky to have such a loving family like yours. RIP Sandi

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sandi was a sweetie. I know how much Tree is going to miss her and I know how difficult this is going to be for all of you. She was a much-loved baby and my heart is with Tree now. Thank you for being with her; she will need to you today and for a long time afterward. 

Rest, Sandi. You were very much loved by your mom and everybody who knew you. And you won't be forgotten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sandi was a sweetie. I know how much Tree is going to miss her and I know how difficult this is going to be for all of you. She was a much-loved baby and my heart is with Tree now. Thank you for being with her; she will need to you today and for a long time afterward. 

Rest, Sandi. You were very much loved by your mom and everybody who knew you. And you won't be forgotten.
My sister thanks all of you for your kind words.  Sandi went to the Bridge right around noon today, she went peacefully and we were there to say good-by.  I really loved that dog very much and I will miss her a lot. 

Thank you.

Carol

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister thanks all of you for your kind words.  Sandi went to the Bridge right around noon today, she went peacefully and we were there to say good-by.  I really loved that dog very much and I will miss her a lot. 

Thank you.
Carol
I was so sorry to read about your sister's dog. A dog is different to a cat in that IMO there is a stronger bond between dog and mum than between cat and mum. I had a dog with two of my cats and although I deeply loved nmy cats I think I enjoyed the dog more.
My condolences to your sister, hee son and you.
Hugs.