Wednesday's Question of the Day: July 4th

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Americans, and to everybody living in the United States! Today's question is holiday-related,

Do you rest on the holidays and kick back and enjoy them? Or are you the one who makes the holidays happen for others, the one who makes the plans, buys the food, and throws the parties?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I try to kick back!  For the last few years my Mom and I (who usually do it together) say we are going to scale back.  But then it doesn't feel right and we end up doing a ton of work.  Her more than me I guess; but I have started hosting holidays at  my own house too.  Tomorrow is a double holiday for us because its my Step-dad's birthday.  He said he doesn't want to do anything so for once I am taking him at that and have plans to grocery shop!  If I can get advice where to take DD to see fireworks from the car we might do that.  So deffinitely aiming for kicking back this holiday!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just relax.  Or as much as I can with the cats who tend to get afraid/start trouble and a dog who is terrified of thunder and fireworks(figured but confirmed that last night when someone was setting off a few starter ones)

This area likes to set them off on corner so this will be interesting.  She has some medicine to calm her at least.

You may want to look around where they set them off and look for parking lots nearby if you cant get a direct view.  We watched them from a hotels lot last night.  Happened to be in area getting food and pulled into lot.  Was nice as haven't been able to see a show since mid 90's. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Fourth of July!!

My sister and I take turns. Everybody came to our house for the Memorial Day holiday and today we're all going to my sister's house. The fire company there is making BBQ chicken (they make it three times during the summer and we always stand in line for their delicious chicken) and she's making her great mac and cheese. I'm taking along my 7-layer salad, pickled eggs and iced mint tea.  We're going to make s'mores over the fire again, while waiting for the fireworks down by the creek. My sister's town has some of the best fireworks around, so we always go there for the Fourth. 

Come Labor Day, everybody will be in our back yard for a big picnic.

My sister has said that she wants to do Thanksgiving again this year, so I will do Christmas again. It all works out. Our mother really likes it because she no longer has to cook and we take care of everything.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just relax. We spent the holiday (this past Sunday) relaxing at home and then we went to the Canada Day celebrations and watched the fireworks at night.