Weather Cats

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Whenever it rains, as long as there is no thunder, Link likes to go outside and get soaking wet. Then he comes in dripping and proceeds to demand love and affection from the nearest human. It's the only time he is reliably and consistently affectionate. He seems to really enjoy waking me up at 3am to let me know it's raining. Like last night, when he woke me up with wet paws on my chin to demand I start petting him.

Here he is all proud with himself a little later when he had dried off.

IMG_20180501_055408.jpg

Anyone else have a cat who likes to let you know the weather?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How cute! Mine are the opposite--they will stick their noses outside and if there's even the slightest whiff of dampness, they won't step a delicate paw out the door. :lol:
That's Rocket. She gives me a look like, "Mom, turn off the rain. Now.... It's still on Mom."

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gwen also enjoyed watching a good snowstorm out the window, especially if it was also blizzard-y and the flakes were blowing around a lot.

Juniper really dislikes rain. It does make a fair amount of noise as it hits the window a/c units, and I think she finds it annoying. It also means that we close the windows (which are otherwise wide open all the time, since our apartment is heated to desert-like temps, courtesy of our co-op management), and she misses out on all the interesting smells and other noises.

Kieka Kieka , maybe Link dreams of a career as a weather forecaster...

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise