We Took a Deep Breath

emmasmygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
....and let the kittens meet the dogs. OK...backtrack. Paul and I lost our 13 yr old Tabby awhile ago and decided to get a kitten, as we're HUGE cat fans. We have 2 Pomeranians but were sorely in need of a cat's presence. Enter Rascal and Pippin. 2, 3 month old Persian kittens. The moment we saw them, we had to take them home. But how? What to do with the dogs? Now, the dogs had been around cats before. They knew not to bother them. So we took a deep breath and let the kittens meet the dogs. It was shocking at how well the kittens responded to the dogs and the dogs to the kittens. Total trust and acceptance. It's only been a week but here we are...total harmony.

Loving the peace and love that animals can bring.

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my!! You have been fortunate. Usually, the rule of thumb is to set the newcomers -kittens -on a room by themselves -so they can adjust to the new environment and in some instances if they do not have all the necessary vaccination s et al, they need to stag away from other pets so no illnesses are transferred. But purebred Kitties in this case must have all their vet checks? Vax, and rabies shot or you would not have tobe ahead. I am happy they all get along but it could be aided by the fact your dogs had previously been used gto your list Kitty. Did he die or are you still searching? Congratz on a happy fast get to know each other and I hope they all have many yrs of love and joy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emmasmygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Abi,

Tiger (our 13 y/o) died of cancer.I know we're lucky in that the dogs had had some experience with cats. The kittens had absolutely no fear at all with the dogs but respected the boundaries they set.

We're a happy and united family and I couldn't be happier.