We Put Our Differences Aside

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently a bobcat can take down a deer and is so fast it can kill snakes.....not a good idea to go to sleep with him mad at you.

If you suddenly stop posting....when know what might have happened.
That'd have to be one BIG, HUNGRY, and flat out LUCKY bobcat, to take down a full grown deer.
A bobcat isn't fast enough to chase one down during normal conditions. With the appropriate weather working against a deer, and a few other factors....yes, it can be done. It's just going to be extremely rare.
And given a wrong move, a deer could easily end a bobcat. (deer hooves are darn near razor sharp).

Don't know about a snake, but, I'm not sure anything could dodge a bobcat swat or lunge. "Lightning" quick is an understatement. From sitting still to full speed is a blink of an eye for a bobcat. It just doesn't last very long.
They are quicker than their vision. I've seen Gibs go from sitting still, looking one direction....to moving in the opposite direction so fast he doesn't see what's in front of him. He's hit table legs hard enough to make him limp.
And with "Bob" (Bob was wild), I would ease a piece of chicken toward her and she would either lunge and grab it with her teeth, or reach out with a claw and grab it. Both of which were so quick it'd send chills up your spine.